• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

head porter

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
RD SNAKE said:
I'm looking for a good head porting place. I was looking at fox lake but stage 1 is like $1200 kind of expensive... Anyone use/know anyone place that has done 4 valve stuff. Id like to keep the whole deal under $1000 or so.

Kevin

kevin, the guy i work for does performance work on the side. he's worked with modular heads before and knows his shit. he will beat any price of any major shop and get what you want done. PM if you want more Info.

you get what you pay for with head porting... FOx lake has been doing my stuff for years... he is the best out there and is HONEST... plus, he has great turnaround times vs other shops!

+1........ :)

Bennett Racing also does some good 4v stuff....The 05 has been 8.56 with their FR500's.....Also Competitive Edge did our first in the 9's 3v heads...they also do some good Modular stuff

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
you get what you pay for with head porting... FOx lake has been doing my stuff for years... he is the best out there and is HONEST... plus, he has great turnaround times vs other shops!

Bob, I went on fox lake's web site, they only show prices for stage 3 port which is like $2200 or something...do you know off hand what stage 1's cost?

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
03CobraRed said:
Call Mike at High Flow heads, hes in alsip. My buddy gets all his stuff done with him and hes a great guy. A friend of a friend got his 2000 Cobra R heads done there, so I would trust him.

Without going into detail, Mike is a scammer.. if anyone wants info about him, shoot me an email.. but i had him freshen a set of heads for me this summer and have had him do stuff for me in the past (along with doing stuff for other friends)... this is FIRST HAND experience..

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
03CobraRed said:
Call Mike at High Flow heads, hes in alsip. My buddy gets all his stuff done with him and hes a great guy. A friend of a friend got his 2000 Cobra R heads done there, so I would trust him.

I saw this guys work on my buddy's Marauder.
Looked like he used a dremel tool to clean the heads up and promised 80 horsepower.
Well, It didnt make any more horsepower.
Junk if you ask me, run.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info