• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Tremec T5?

rjelarsen

95 Cobra - all stock
Nov 21, 2006
I bought a 95 Cobra which needed a lot of work. I'm into the trans now and just looking for some fedback from those of you with more knowledge than I.

The car currently has a Tremec TKO in it which desperately needs a rebuild or replacement. Rebuild versus New is about a $500 difference. Seems like an easy decision. Kind of leaning with the T5 due to the fact that I've already bought a new clutch for the older trans which can be used on the T5. Are the T5's any good. Any info you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks-

rjelarsen

95 Cobra - all stock
Nov 21, 2006
whistlen93 said:
t5 is ok at certian power levels. what is wrong with the tko? want to sell it? help fund a new t5?

2nd gear, 4th gear, throwout bearings and a few other areas. I can put a list together for you of the problem areas if you need the parts.

When it was in the car, you could shift through all of the gears fine, downshifting into 2nd and 4th was the main problem outside of the bearing noise coming from the shifter.

I wouldn't sell it to you, you can have it. You will have to pick it up from the shop in Chicago though. Let me know if your interested.

ON the power levels of the T5 can you explain more?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• rjelarsen
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list