• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

What would it run?

SVTdubs

Banned
Mar 1, 2004

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
MGT2002 said:
in this weather...i'd guess maybe a 13.2x once it gets warmer though i'd say it go back to a 13.4x 13.5x

WHAAAAAT?!?!??? You saying he will only drop 2/10ths with those mods??? You have got to be drunk. :laughing2

My bet is very solid high 12's in this cold weather and probably getting 12's about half the time when it heats back up on those cool summer nights.

Eric, I know you want 12's in that car but don't fuck around and waste your money on regearing now when you will just be switchin back within a year. Hell this season is over by all intents and purposes so if you were to switch to a 4.56 you would not even have much time to get your money's worth out of it before regearing back to 3.27's for the turbo. Patience is the smart thing to do here, even though it sucks major balls most of the time. I know you probably got more money crawling out your ass than I do, but why waste it.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
SVTdubs said:
definately no money tree over here that Im aware of. Your right, I should just keep driving better and better and find a way to take some weight out while preparing for the turbos (ie, coilovers, k member, etc)

Do you plan to run a standalone like FAST when you go with the turbos??? My guess is yes so that you can run the low impedance injectors with the correct driver.

But if you plan to go with 72's or smaller and stick with your stocker computer and tune it with the Xcal2 then why not throw a tune on it for now? At least that way your not wasting much money and you can easily reflash the EEC too. :dunno:

V

venmousracer

Eric Like I have told you before,

456 gear

alumium driveshaft, sometime you can get away with the stock driveshaft as you will encounter a slight vibe, especially with so many miles on your stocker.

cone filter and remove the mesh grill inside the maf

x-h pipe off raod

and a tune

Car should be a 12.80 car or faster with a skinnie up front my bogey's out back and leaving at the rev limiter..

Eddie

Shane97Cobra

Addict
Apr 27, 2005
4.56s are perfect for a N/A combo on that car. If you launch the car at 6500 RPM...which you will have to do to preventing it from bogging. The car should go 12.4s w/ that combo.

I went 11.99 w/ basically the same combo, but w/ less weight.

But I hate to tell you, your stock axles aren't going to last very long w/ that kind of launch.

V

venmousracer

rocket5979 said:
Do you plan to run a standalone like FAST when you go with the turbos??? My guess is yes so that you can run the low impedance injectors with the correct driver.

But if you plan to go with 72's or smaller and stick with your stocker computer and tune it with the Xcal2 then why not throw a tune on it for now? At least that way your not wasting much money and you can easily reflash the EEC too. :dunno:

There are new injectors that are high imp coming out, they are 83lbrs from s/d

V

venmousracer

Shane97Cobra said:
4.56s are perfect for a N/A combo on that car. If you launch the car at 6500 RPM...which you will have to do to preventing it from bogging. The car should go 12.4s w/ that combo.

I went 11.99 w/ basically the same combo, but w/ less weight.

But I hate to tell you, your stock axles aren't going to last very long w/ that kind of launch.

Hola Shane,

Eric listen to shane he's been down where you are going and his car moves with what he got, it moves real hard!!!!!! On a side note you can see how his car looks on prostars...Eddie

SVTdubs

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
lol and all this in a week? right... I have a feeling it will be running stock this weekend but if they are open the following week, I may have something else done. Im going to stick with my current plan and maybe just get the tuner and drive this bitch into the 12's somehow. We will see what happens

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Eric, you will probably hit mid 12's. Granted if you plan on throwing on a turbo, the 4.56 may not be the best option for a street/track car.

Use the following as a measurement -

The T-56, which my 03 Mach 1 has, runs a 1:1 gear ratio in 4th and a .62:1 gear ratio in 5th/final gear. If I was to throw in a 4.30 gear on the stock 17 inch tires:

Red line in 4th would be at 119 mph and then have to shift into 5th/final gear.
80 mph is 2800 rpms in 5th/final gear.
Going through the traps in 4th is around 6400 - 6500 rpms w/ a 4.30 gear.

Compare these specs to your transmission. Naturally aspirated Mach 1 owners are typically running the 4.10 or 4.30. Many feel the 4.56 is too much for a daily driver/track car.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
venmousracer said:
There are new injectors that are high imp coming out, they are 83lbrs from s/d

Oops, I said 72's didnt I? I meant the 83's. I knew that there were some new high imp 83's out, just forgot who makes em. From the amount of power I think he plans to run 83's may not be big enough. Shoot, I would drop in some 96's and shoot for 1k!!! :headbang:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info