• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

SonicBlur's rims...

CobraCommander

Rice & Beans
Mar 27, 2005
Before I begin an exhaustive search for what I consider to be the best looking rims ever on a Cobra for next season, I have to inquire if anyone would know if they clear the Brembo (Cobra-R) front brakes...

From all shots including seeing the wheels in person, it looks as though they are a no-go.

Anyone want to chime in on that?

Setting up the winter shopping list...

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
2003_SVT/CBR1100 said:
Before I begin an exhaustive search for what I consider to be the best looking rims ever on a Cobra for next season, I have to inquire if anyone would know if they clear the Brembo (Cobra-R) front brakes...

From all shots including seeing the wheels in person, it looks as though they are a no-go.

Anyone want to chime in on that?

Setting up the winter shopping list...

Yes they will.

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
I was my understanding that the BBS RK Plasma wheels will not clear the Cobra R brake kit. The guy who sold me the wheels sold them becuse of that reason alone...he ended up buying a set of 18" Roush wheels. However, I am happy with the stock braking so I have never even looked into this issue. If you'd like, PM Maliclipse on SVTPerformance.com, that's who I got the BBS RK Plasma wheels from. Good luck!

-Mike

CobraCommander

Rice & Beans
Mar 27, 2005
dammit...i cant register there and I dont remember if I ever was a member... I tried all my email adresses too...

bah...

From all of what I have read, they have stopped making these, but I have located a couple small shops that still have some here and there...

What I am trying to locate is information on the required backspacing for the Brembo kit and compare that to the stats on the RK, but I'll be damned if I can find it again...

Any meets coming up soon where I can try your rim on for size...ahahahaha

I'm very picky about rims and stayed with the OE because I do like them and I have not found anything that really caught my eye. If these were in silver, I wouldnt have looked twice, but this smoked-chrome is perfect. I am not a Chrome fan on the Redfire and these are right in the middle of bling and subtle...

cliffs03

May 16, 2006
2003_SVT/CBR1100 said:
dammit...i cant register there and I dont remember if I ever was a member... I tried all my email adresses too...

bah...

From all of what I have read, they have stopped making these, but I have located a couple small shops that still have some here and there...

What I am trying to locate is information on the required backspacing for the Brembo kit and compare that to the stats on the RK, but I'll be damned if I can find it again...

Any meets coming up soon where I can try your rim on for size...ahahahaha

I'm very picky about rims and stayed with the OE because I do like them and I have not found anything that really caught my eye. If these were in silver, I wouldnt have looked twice, but this smoked-chrome is perfect. I am not a Chrome fan on the Redfire and these are right in the middle of bling and subtle...
If you dont get them, will you share the info on what shops still have those rims?

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
Alright, here's what Maliclipse wrote me (Side note: This is the seller of my BBS wheels.)

Maliclipse said:
Yep, wont fit at all.

My roushes don't clear my front brakes... I still needed a 1/8th spacer to clear the brembos... They're rediculously wide.

My car is up for sale if you have any friends that want a built terminator.

M

I hope this helps.

-Mike

CobraCommander

Rice & Beans
Mar 27, 2005
craptacular... lol

thanks for the help on that...

when i looked at yours up close at Beef Villa, I saw how absolutely flush they are against the stock brakes and wondered if there would be a shit of a chance they would clear...

im just curious what kind of spacer would be needed...hell, im surprised the stock rims fit...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info