• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

tune question

8urSRT

Regular
Aug 31, 2006
you can run alot of boost on 100 octane you just gotta have it in the tune.

110 is not a necceisity I got schooled in this 4 years ago with my mustang that had 11:1 and i was buying 110 like crazy but the guy i was buying ti from stated to quiz me and said 104 was all i needed and it was unleaded so it saved my 02's

so unless your making crazy horsepower with a lot of boost in that explorer save the money, cuz they have not dropped racing fuel cost its still way up there.

get your fuel from tom jones racing fuels in park city he has all your poisions of sunoco byob though. 100 to 116 and very knowledgeable

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
8urSRT said:
so unless your making crazy horsepower with a lot of boost in that explorer save the money, cuz they have not dropped racing fuel cost its still way up there.

I am making crazy power in my Explorer and only plan to make an even more crazy amount of power with a few more things late this next winter. Trust me when I say that I NEED that high octane fuel to control detonation due to higher IAT's and also maximize power through being able to keep my tune aggressive.

It would be very unwise of you to assume that just because I have a modded all to hell Explorer that I don't know what I talk about bro. You would be severely underestimating my experience if you did. ;)

8urSRT

Regular
Aug 31, 2006
rocket5979 said:
I am making crazy power in my Explorer and only plan to make an even more crazy amount of power with a few more things late this next winter. Trust me when I say that I NEED that high octane fuel to control detonation due to higher IAT's and also maximize power through being able to keep my tune aggressive.

It would be very unwise of you to assume that just because I have a modded all to hell Explorer that I don't know what I talk about bro. You would be severely underestimating my experience if you did. ;)

Just ahh take it eazy big guy if you want c16 go to ASSC in lake bluff off rt 41 just past rt 137. and your modded to hell exploerer i dont doubt bro but i ve seen boosted high hp cars run on 93 octane so i stand behind my point, based on expiernce. and Im talking 720 rwhp car. drives everywhere. Just differrent scenarios have different formulas i guess. And if you havent noticed I gave you three differnt places to get the fuel you require right in your own backyard so you dont have to go to the track to get it . so your welcome.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info