• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Carl, Larry, & guys that switch back & forth between SCT & Predator tunes. ?'s inside

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
Carl, Larry, & guys that switch back & forth between SCT & Predator tunes. ?'s inside

Hey all, just got my Predator today. I am a little unsure of how this works when switching between SCT & Predator tunes. I currently use the XCAL 1 and I have a custom HBH tune in there.

It is my understanding that my XCAL 1 basically holds 3 custom tunes and my original factory tune. The XCAL basically stores the tunes and will overwrite whatever tune is in the car when I tell it to..

The Predator basically will hold two tunes @ a time, my original factory tune and one custom tune, correct? If I want to change custom tunes, the Predator can only hold one @ a time, so if I want to change between custom tunes (like a blower tune & N20 tune), I must swap them through a PC or laptop and then D/L to the car, right? So if I want to swap tunes @ the track I will need a laptop right??

1) Do I need to download my factory tune to the car before I can begin using the Predator? I think the answer is yes, because I think the Predator wont work unless it uploads a copy of the factory tune before I can put my Custom Predator tune in the car.

2) What procedure do I need to follow to get my SCT tune out and put the Predator tune in the car?

3)Can I even download my custom MileHi tune to the Preadtor before getting a copy of my factory tune from the car??

This may be confusing, because I am confused :( I thought you guys would probably be able to shed some light on this matter

Thanks for your help,
Jason

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
firstsvt said:
Hey all, just got my Predator today. I am a little unsure of how this works when switching between SCT & Predator tunes. I currently use the XCAL 1 and I have a custom HBH tune in there.

It is my understanding that my XCAL 1 basically holds 3 custom tunes and my original factory tune. The XCAL basically stores the tunes and will overwrite whatever tune is in the car when I tell it to..

The Predator basically will hold two tunes @ a time, my original factory tune and one custom tune, correct? If I want to change custom tunes, the Predator can only hold one @ a time, so if I want to change between custom tunes (like a blower tune & N20 tune), I must swap them through a PC or laptop and then D/L to the car, right? So if I want to swap tunes @ the track I will need a laptop right??

1) Do I need to download my factory tune to the car before I can begin using the Predator? I think the answer is yes, because I think the Predator wont work unless it uploads a copy of the factory tune before I can put my Custom Predator tune in the car.

2) What procedure do I need to follow to get my SCT tune out and put the Predator tune in the car?

3)Can I even download my custom MileHi tune to the Preadtor before getting a copy of my factory tune from the car??

This may be confusing, because I am confused :( I thought you guys would probably be able to shed some light on this matter

Thanks for your help,
Jason

I am too lazy to type.... call me. :D

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
firstsvt said:

Thanks for your help,
Jason

I'm sure Carl already got you an answer, but if he didn't PM me a phone # to call you at.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info