• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Mach 460 door speaker bass

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
Anyone with an 03-04 Cobra with the STOCK mach 460 with NO added subwoofer..

Does your bass distort to shit when the bass in cranked up in All Seats or Drivers Seat? Do you guys actually like it when the bass is in the middle, because it sounds like paper. I know the amps are turning on because when I start the car I just hear treble then 2 seconds later the bottom speakers in the door turn on. Would sound proofing the doors help this distortion problem? I'm just wondering if my front door speakers are shot or something.

Cliff...no answers from you please :rolleyes:

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
I assume your door speakers distorted to hell.

I know the answers are add a sub or rip it all out. Wow ... last I knew was that you had a sub and that's it. I would like to know what has changed!

Flyn high again said:
LOL! OK, you won't listen to me anyways. I will keep my 29 years of install experience to myself. :p

My stereo is far from stock now anyways and I don't remember every detail of the POS Mach 460.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
ChicagoMike said:
I assume your door speakers distorted to hell.

I know the answers are add a sub or rip it all out. Wow ... last I knew was that you had a sub and that's it. I would like to know what has changed!

Better sub [JL Audio 10W6]. Better sub amplifier [Directed 600D-still has to be installed when I have time]. Pioneer AVHP6600DVD head unit [DVD player with 6.5" screen].

Still to come are Focal or MB Quart mids/tweets [or maybe wave guides[horns] if I get adventurous]. I'm going to switch my Kenwood amp from sub duty to mids/tweets amplification where it will be much happier. The Directed amp has almost 6 times the power of the Kenwood so I imagine the bass will be slightly stronger. :eek:

Want to buy my Bazooka tube 10" sub? It's about 5 or 6 years old but works fine. You'd need an amp to power it. I was thinking about putting it in the minivan. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• C
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list