• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

need help bleeding the front brakes

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
You may have to repeat the bleeding process a number of times to get all the air out. Bleed from the furthest caliper to the master cylinder to the closest. Try tapping on the calipers to dislodge any air bubbles and then bleed. One person sits in the car and slowly depresses the pedal [one time] while you open and close the bleeder. Tell them NOT to pump the brakes. Repeat until the pedal firms up some. Drive the car for a while and bleed again. Repeat as necessary until the pedal feels right. Make sure you have enough brake fluid in the resevoir. Check often. One sip of air and you have to start all over.

cyac5l8trfcar

{'''}o_o{'''}
Sep 12, 2005
heres the lazy way to fix this, gravity bleed. Alls you have to do is open up bleeder, leave it open, don't touch the pedal, take the cap off the resivoir, and let it sit untill it drips about once a second. then, they should be fine. If you don't have time for this just keep repeating the regular procedure.

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
I still couldn't get it. I was pumping the brake. Didn't know i wasn't supposed to do that. Hope i didn't break anything. The resivoir never went dry. I also tried bleeding them with a pump and it started to work good and then it crapped out after that. The car has both wheels back on and is sitting back on the ground. I gave up on it today. I spent 3 hours waxing the car on thurs. Started taking the brakes off at 9 am yesterday and stopped around 6 pm. Started again today at 10 and got fed up with the car by 5 pm.

Well at least the weather sucked this weekend.

Thanks guys for all the info.

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
Thanks guys for all the help.

John(shelbyguy) came over and had the problem fixed within 30 min. We(John did all the work, i just sat in the car and pushed the brake pedal down) bled the master cylinder where most of the air was and then did the front and rear brakes.

Problem solved and shes back on the street.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info