• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Breathers for the heads.

shanker

Amateur Expert
Mar 14, 2004
I had Speed inc put a 6# upper and new MAF on the Cobra a couple of weeks ago and he emailed me that he saw a little more oil in the intake than he usually does so he(Larry) said he would put breathers on. He said it probably wouldn't have given my stock car a problem but might cause issues with the new pulley.

The reason I posted was that I notices a slight film of oil like vapor condensation from the breathers. Is that normal? He said a lot of high boost turbo setups use breathers but some don't because they don't like the oil smell. Are there any issues I should think about and how about cleaning the engine? It's dirty anyway.

I'm not disputing anything he did or unhappy with it I'm just looking for outside observation or experiences.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info