• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Big Brake Kit - 00 Cobra R brake kit M-2300-X

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
Is this the best kit without get crazy? I am looking to get a good "bang for your buck" brake kit for my Cobra. Let me know what ya'll think and if you knwo of any deals or places with the best prices.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=5819

I already have:
Front SS brake lines
Hawk HPS pads
dimpled and slotted zinc platted rotors

Looking for a but more stopping power since my car is around 4k pounds with me in it.

Thanks in Advance :biggthump

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
Mystic Terminator said:
M. Wilson will sell you the Cobra-R calipers that you show in your link for about $599.00. They will come w/ brake pads, but no SS lines or rotors. It is your best choice since you already have those items.

M. Wilson, is that the Kenny Brown guy you told me about? If so can I get his number agin? I am still using those rotors I got from you last year. Will those be fine with this kit?

Thanks Vince :biggthump

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
M. Wilson is on the Cobra-R forums as 93SVTCobra. Send him a PM here. He is like the Midwest SVTOA regional director or something like that. He is the guy that puts on the open track events @ Gingerman, Putnam and Autobahn for SVTOA and he owns www.on-trackperformance.com and work for Ford.

Should be $599.00 for the calipers, your rotors are fine to use with them. You can also order Focus Brembo Calipers which are identical to the 00R ones except they are gray. I belive they are getting $600 for those from buyfordracing.com. There is a link on CC about the focus Brembo's.

If you want I might be able to pick-up the calipers from you if I go to Road America, I know Mark said he was going there. Not positive if it is in my budget to go yet. When mark sold me the calipers (Brembo 2000 R), he only charged about $15 +/- for shipping since it was from MI.

PETSNKE

DRIVEN
Mar 13, 2004
Mystic Terminator said:
00R Brembo is Black only
Focus Brembo is Gray only

You will need to paint or Powder Coat for red, or get Stoptech ($1800.00)
for Red.

Vince,

They were available in Red on a special order basis for a additional $200 back when I purchased mine. Not worth the extra money and 3-6 week availability IMO.

FYI, if you powder coat them there will not be a Brembo logo on the caliper anymore. It's just a decal, not raised letters in the casting like the PBRs have.

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
PETSNKE said:
Vince,

They were available in Red on a special order basis for a additional $200 back when I purchased mine. Not worth the extra money and 3-6 week availability IMO.

FYI, if you powder coat them there will not be a Brembo logo on the caliper anymore. It's just a decal, not raised letters in the casting like the PBRs have.

So pay $100.00 and get one red and one black. I got one red and one black on my Stoptech calipers. You only see one side of the car @ a time anyways... lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info