• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Where to find?

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
ShelbyGuy said:
you can break half a dozen oem half shafts before you equal the purchase price of the level 5 shafts. never mind the cost of installation.

i have the level 2 shafts and would not do it again. dss has no clue.

That's why I have two spare stockers sitting in my garage..

one of which will accompany me to each track event.

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
sonicblue2003 said:
ok so its better to put OEM back in? I am not going to be racing the car at all. I just figure if I had to replace the half shafts and hubs I would put stronger ones in. Is that stuiped? Should I just put OEM back in it? Thanks for ur input Tom

If its not broke don't replace it. Unless you are hardcore and high HP, OEM is fine. The only benefit to DSS is if you don't want it to break and are willing to pay big $$$ for the reliability of better halfshafts.

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
sonicblue2003 said:
ok so its better to put OEM back in? I am not going to be racing the car at all. I just figure if I had to replace the half shafts and hubs I would put stronger ones in. Is that stuiped? Should I just put OEM back in it? Thanks for ur input Tom

DSS half shafts cost over $1,000, no thanks, I'll replace mine with stockers.

I bought 2 stock half shafts for $100

just get yourself a spare stock halfshaft if you want peace of mind, and bring it with you to the track... not sure why you'd need a new hub?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info