• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Oil Seperator Mod

Thunderstruck

Feb 24, 2006
Wow.....over a month and no responses.

I'm debating what to do for a seperator also. I like the idea of the L&S, but don't want to part with that much cash. Sounds like the Wal-Mart air compressor seperator's fill up quick and loose their effectiveness unless dumped out fairly often, not to mention looking a bit ghetto under the hood.

S

SHOGN

Hey, some of you guys were requesting pics of the oil seperator mod that I put together. They hold 4x more oil than the smaller ones. I charge $30 shipped for them and currently only have 6 for sale.

DSCN1934.jpg

DSCN1935.jpg

EATON U

Sep 25, 2006
i know im late but an oil separtor is a must for moded lightning. stock lightning can get away with it bc the stock 8# isnt blowing that much shit back threw the PCV(i think). moded trucks blow oil all over the intercooler. i had one waiting to go on my truck until my roommates dog ate it. but L&S is defintilythe best way to go.

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
EATON U said:
i know im late but an oil separtor is a must for moded lightning. stock lightning can get away with it bc the stock 8# isnt blowing that much shit back threw the PCV(i think). moded trucks blow oil all over the intercooler. i had one waiting to go on my truck until my roommates dog ate it. but L&S is defintilythe best way to go.

Yeah we ended up going with the L&S one.... Kinda pricey, but it works great and I really didn't want a catch can that I would have to empty out all the time.

When we installed it we pulled the blower and intercooler to clean out all the old oil mess. Holy crap there was a lot of oil in there! Everything was coated with it and there was a damn puddle of oil in the lower intake!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info