• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

bogging-oil issue (still)

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
i seem to bog at higher rpm's in 3rd and up, my bap was set at about 40 and not sure if it was increased when i upgraded my injectors. i think i need more fuel, is it okay to turn it up to 50...max? also the people that installed my k/b forgot to completely screw in the oil plug on the bottom right side of the k/b. i have a minimal oil loss problem there, is it possible to ighten that without taking the whole blower off? there is a clearence issue there..

DSCN05621.jpg

i should also say this pic was takes 20 miles after cleaning up a dime size pool of oil

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Bumping the BAP to 50% won't hurt anything. However, the only way it will help is if you were maxxing your pumps. I run mine at 35-40% and see less than 90% duty cycle with stock pumps. Off the top of my head I want to say 85%-88% with my race pulley

Have you datalogged your FPDC?

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
gnxs said:
Bumping the BAP to 50% won't hurt anything. However, the only way it will help is if you were maxxing your pumps. I run mine at 35-40% and see less than 90% duty cycle with stock pumps. Off the top of my head I want to say 85%-88% with my race pulley

Have you datalogged your FPDC?

no i probably should though..

SLASH said:
what about the fuel issue? is it ok to crank the bap, it was on 35-40...i know andy did without a problem..

It sounds like a fuel issue because it only does it when your load is increased and not at the same rpms in lower gears. If it was me I would go 50% ( dont know your mods) and try it.

It wont hurt anything.........

TOPGUN

Regular
Dec 25, 2005
Hey Mike was the car tuned for the INJ. if so the tune should never change and I would think something else is going on. You should have the car scanned, I would try to get it on a dyno and check the a/f. The right way to tighten that drain plug would to rr the blower and get it nice and tight so you dont have the problem again. thank god you observent that could have been bad....

Whitey04

Regular
Apr 2, 2006
only one real way to tighten that I think and it wont even leave it that tight, but it would stop leaking. Take a tiny chisel, and a hammer and tap on the edge of the bolt as close to the top as humanly possible. Tap it and it should turn, the only catch is it will leave a mark (notch) in the threads.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info