• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Why is my a turd in the 1st 1/8th?? Then big MPH??

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
Why is my car a turd in the 1st 1/8th?? Then big MPH??

I posted this everywhere already, so sorry if youve seen it, but just looking for some local feedback.

Went to the Real Street Drags last night at a local track. My car has - modlist: Bogarts front & rear, 26" ET Streets @ 12 psi (cold), DFX Clutch, Fidanza flywheel, built solid axle (33 splines, 3.90 gears) all spherical bearings on axle side , Tokico Drag struts (set on 2), B springs front, Pro3i weight jackers, CHE adj uppers, bullitt springs, 10 way Strange Adj shocks (set on 5 clicks), Accufab T/B, 2400 MAF 2.76, Steggy IV port, Magnaflow catted X and C/B. I think thats all the power mods, I dynoed @ 510 RWHP & 475 RWTQ SAEand a pretty soft tune (in the 10's A/F from 3-5000 RPM).

I launch @ 6K and was 60' ing in the high 1.5's last night, pretty much every run was 7.32-7.40 in the 1/8th but traps were only 90-91 MPH, then 1/4 ET's were in the high 11.4's and traps were right around 123 every run. So I was picking up 30-32 MPH consistently, it did this every run, whats going on??

I know when you launch hard and hook, it will bring down MPH, but I think I trapped higher in the 1/8th before the port and solid rear!!

Do I need to look to my suspension setup, I have never set the pinion angle, maybe that needs to be done , or adjust my shock/struts??? It seems like 123 MPH is a pretty good trap with no lower, but that soft first 1/8 is leaving a lot of ET out there

Also to consider, what RPM do you carry 1st gear to, I am shifting right @ 6K every gear, I think some guys run out 1st a little longer, maybe 6200-6400, and then powershift.......must....not.......lift.....gas... . the 1-2 shift is everything!!

Thanks for any ideas,
Jason

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
First of all.... Byron. This Sunday. Be there. :D

Ok, I think you may need to start shifting higher. Did you get a shift light yet?

If it were me.... With the port I would spin it a little harder and see if that changes anything.

I would try and set the shift light to like 6200, I would also try to carry 1st gear a hair longer, like to 6400.

Are you still bogging a lil on the launch?

What are your 330 times looking like??.... it is almost looks like you are losing some time on either the 1-2 or the 2-3 shift.

Last time out I was actually having the opposite problem..... I was trapping 95 in the 1/8, but only 117 up top.... though I also desintegrated my CFDF that day, so I dunno :dunno:

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Jason, raise your shift points (6200-6300 at least). If you don't have a shift light yet, GET ONE.

The tq. loss that occurs with the ported blower may account for the relatively poor performance in the 1/8. I think with a 2 lb. lower you'd be right where you want in the 1/8th, but then I bet then you won't pick up as much in the last 1/8th mile. However, I still think the extra tq. of the 2 lb lower would get you close to a 7.0 1/8th mile (and a 10 second timeslip). I'd also get that tune tweaked so you see at least 11.5 A/F up top. You're losing ALOT of tq. running an A/F in the high 10's.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• JA$ON
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list