• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

SLP Exhuast

01SVT19

TCG Elite Member
Apr 23, 2006
Do you guys that have an 01 or anyone who owns an SLP exhuast know if its a good one or should I invest my money into a Bassani exhuast. I want to in the near future get headers x-pipe and catback exhuast. I know SLP has Long Tube headers and with those do I need a shorty x-pipe to make the headers fit if they are worth the money and time. Thanks for any info.

black35thGT

Apr 9, 2006
if you go with long tubes i highly suggest not going with an slp cat back. i had an o/r X and the slp loud mouth 2s on my gt and it sounded good for the most part. at the end of march i had LTs and o/r H installed and 3 weeks later the slp kit was replaced with a set of dumps. it sounded like complete shit. im surprised i didnt get pulled over for how insanely loud it was, well that mightve been because i couldnt stand the sound of it. the best way to describe the sound is it sounded like a harley, but even raspier. im running a full MAC system: LTs, H, and dumps. ive gotten nothing but compliments on how it sounds. my buddy has an 04 mach with an o/r prochamber and mac catback and its one of the best soundings NA 4Vs ive ever heard. pretty much the only time id suggest going with an slp kit is if you dont plan on changing anything besides the catback. hope this helps, if you have any questions let me know.

Doug02GT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
May 22, 2004
black35thGT said:
sorry, i shouldve finished reading the question i got up to the LT and cat back part. yes LTs are worth it. theyre a pain in the ass to install but worth it for the power gains, not only peak power but they also make the power band much smoother.

Have any idea how much hp and tq you gained?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info