• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

clutch

TaintedSnake01

Tainted Racing
Aug 14, 2005
Ive heard nothing but good for the spec stage 3 clutch. great for high horsepower cars. and comes with new throwout bearing and something i think the clutch cable. fidanza lightweight flywheel. thats what i would do if i had that much hp.

for now sticking with my King Cobra!

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
TaintedSnake01 said:
Ive heard nothing but good for the spec stage 3 clutch. great for high horsepower cars. and comes with new throwout bearing and something i think the clutch cable. fidanza lightweight flywheel. thats what i would do if i had that much hp.

for now sticking with my King Cobra!

should i get stage 3 or 4? and do i really need to upgrade my flywheel?

TaintedSnake01

Tainted Racing
Aug 14, 2005
when i was at Rush Racing the other day I think Jeff said that the stage 2 supports up to 550hp and the stage 3 750-800? cant remember. I would do the flywheel. for 1 its alot lighter than stock so it will spin faster freeing up some more hp and 2 it will probably be more reliable than a stock one that may have some cracks or splintering in it that you might not be able to remove unless you have alot of it removed when they resurface it.

I would just get a new flywheel. why do it unless your gonna do it right, I always say!

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
TaintedSnake01 said:
when i was at Rush Racing the other day I think Jeff said that the stage 2 supports up to 550hp and the stage 3 750-800? cant remember. I would do the flywheel. for 1 its alot lighter than stock so it will spin faster freeing up some more hp and 2 it will probably be more reliable than a stock one that may have some cracks or splintering in it that you might not be able to remove unless you have alot of it removed when they resurface it.

I would just get a new flywheel. why do it unless your gonna do it right, I always say!

$$$$$ thats it. trying to save some bread :D

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Keep in mind, Mike that the more potent the clutch, the less slip you will have meaning daily driving will become more of a chore the higher up the clutch food chain you go. Try to keep your search in the area of a 700 hp clutch and don't jump to 1,000 hp capable unless you don't plan on driving in traffic.

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
Flyn high again said:
Keep in mind, Mike that the more potent the clutch, the less slip you will have meaning daily driving will become more of a chore the higher up the clutch food chain you go. Try to keep your search in the area of a 700 hp clutch and don't jump to 1,000 hp capable unless you don't plan on driving in traffic.

so a spec stage III w/ tob is a good bet?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
SLASH said:
so a spec stage III w/ tob is a good bet?

If it was me, I'd be thinking Spec 3 or DFX. I don't have any first hand experience with either of them or with 700 hp but from reading about them, either one would work. For how long is another question. With 700 hp you may be doing a clutch every year.

B

Boost12

The thing is when you say 700whp With the combo of spray and high boost the tq numbers are going to be off the charts. At least 800+ tq at the tires from what ive seen on other cobras so your going to need a strong clutch. I would not go with an Alum flywheel though but thats just me. I would buy a steel flywheel and ditch the alum all together. Also I know spec makes a stage 4 and 5 clutch that are rated at the kinda power you will need but ive spoke with a few guys and there very hard to drive on the street. There either on or off from what they said meaning theres no slipping the clutch but thats what it takes to hold that kinda power. But even then if you have that clutch that will hold the power your going to tear apart the stock T56 sooner or later. I would just go with a DFX by centerforce and call it a day. I have seen guys with 600+ whp all slicked up that run this and have very good results. But then again even if you only get 20k miles outta it thats cheaper than buying a new T56 if you fuck it up with a stronger clutch :biggthump Good luck

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info