• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

What else do I need....

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
ExplorerThis said:
Im doing a KB install....what will I need to keep the engine cool and everything working properly car has under 3k on the clock....

This is what I have
-KB 2.2l w/pulleys and BAP
-Upgraded Heat Exchanger
-Upgraded Intercooler Reservior
-Canton Expansion Tank
-60# Injectors and SCT Maf
-NEED TO ORDER (LDC Cooling Mod)

Spanks.....

Get fans for the heat exchanger
Get the wiring kit for the BAP
Better tires and half shafts
A better clutch
BilletFlow auxiliary idler and the other idlers
Reichard Racing manual tensioner

Some gauges to monitor what's happening

Most importantly, a GOOD tuner

ExplorerThis

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2004
Dana said:
Get fans for the heat exchanger
Get the wiring kit for the BAP
Better tires and half shafts
A better clutch
BilletFlow auxiliary idler and the other idlers
Reichard Racing manual tensioner

Some gauges to monitor what's happening

Most importantly, a GOOD tuner

Where is a good place to get fans for the heat exchanger?

I was thinking of having sutton tune, since they fool around with KB'd and Whipped cobras on a daily basis.....

And I'm not a fan of turbos....Im more red light to red light....

To give you a heads up on your tuner situation.......LDC is going to be doing datalogging for Hermann and you will be able to get a Hermann tune anytime of the year. Of course we are going to become a vendor on here, but this is going to be great for customers in this area, to give them another choice......Look for an announcement from Cliff soon......(Im going to rename 394 to Lyle superhighway)

Disclaimer.........All words, views, opinions, and implied opinions are those of Lyle only and should not be affiliated or connected to LDC Chicago Superior Automotive Products, LLC....................

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
dun4791 said:
To give you a heads up on your tuner situation.......LDC is going to be doing datalogging for Hermann and you will be able to get a Hermann tune anytime of the year. Of course we are going to become a vendor on here, but this is going to be great for customers in this area, to give them another choice......Look for an announcement from Cliff soon......(Im going to rename 394 to Lyle superhighway)

Disclaimer.........All words, views, opinions, and implied opinions are those of Lyle only and should not be affiliated or connected to LDC Chicago Superior Automotive Products, LLC....................

Nice. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info