• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Tips for swapping mid-pipes?

wizdawg

TCG Elite Member
May 1, 2005
I did mine on jack stands. Its wasnt that hard, but took me a lot longer than 5 minutes. I can only suggest 2 things.

1) Spary the nuts/studs with PB Blaster. Wait a few for it to soak in and then spray it again.
2) If you can get mid-length 15mm socket, it will help you get square on the nut. With a deep 15mm and a swivel adapter it was too long to get in there. A deep 15mm swivel probably would work though.

cyac5l8trfcar

{'''}o_o{'''}
Sep 12, 2005
def get a new gasket. Mine lasted all of a day before going pffffffff as i drove down the road. And turn 'em slowly! my pass side had a bolt break off into the manifold :pat: and i spent hours drilling it out. oh, and find a kid or someone with small hads to get at the 02 sensor connectors, i'm a midget so it was easy for me, but i still scratched my fore arm pretty good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info