• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Issue with solid setup & rear sway bar....

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
I finished up with my solid axle swap a few weeks ago and I am having problems getting the rear sway bar on. My control arms are Pro3i weight jackers, and I have this sway bar from Summit http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?Ntt=stq-51040&searchinresults=false&Ntk=KeywordSearch&DDS= 1&N=115&target=egnsearch.asp
Its Summit part #STQ-51040. It is a direct stock replacement.

My first stupid question is, is the sway bar supposed to hang down below the LCA's? This is the only way I could get it to go on, but then there was literally 2 inches of ground clearance and it didnt look right.

My next dumb question is, is the bar upposed to mount on the inside of the bracket of the LCA's or is it supposed to bolt on the outside of the mount of the LCA's?

On the LCA's there is that bracket that hangs down where the bar bolts to, is that bracket supposed to be closer to the middle of the car or are they supposed to be closer to the outside of the car? Maybe I mixed up the LCA's - left and right...that would suck

I tried flipping the sway bar over to allow for more ground clearance, but it contacted the control arm.

I hope these questions make a bit of sense, but I cant figure this out.

Do I really even need this swaybar, I have 4 sphericals on the axle side, and poly on the chassis side??

Thanks for any help

Oncebitten03

TCG Elite Member
Feb 13, 2005
antiroll.jpg

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
I think part of the problem may be the cheap ass sway bar I got from Summit, if you compare it to a stock type one, you can see why it hangs down so low, the mounting holes are like 2" above the sway bar and the bar hangs down.

The stock bar mounts right on the LCA and doesnt hang down. Could this be my problem???

Summit Sway Bar

Stock type sway bar

Should I send this POS back??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• JA$ON
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list