• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Blow -up

BlackHawk

Jul 28, 2004
Any 96-01 cobra with a stock short block and supercharger is a time bomb waiting to go off. Some guys have gone 50k miles, some have gone 200 miles. Always be prepared for the rebuild.

sparks said:
i keep gettin diff. stories. Can a 99 cobra be s/c with 8lbs. max boost and still ger 50k plus miles on it w/reliability????is it really that likely that there will be a problem?????????Any experts out there?

cyac5l8trfcar

{'''}o_o{'''}
Sep 12, 2005
BlackHawk said:
Any 96-01 cobra with a stock short block and supercharger is a time bomb waiting to go off. Some guys have gone 50k miles, some have gone 200 miles. Always be prepared for the rebuild.

or about 8 hrs. depends on how you drive, I reccomend a P1SC. intercooler is way better. Gap the plugs at .030. seemed to be best with mine. be carefull...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info