• 💡 Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

My baby on the dyno...

Wiked L

Wiked03's Bitch
Apr 1, 2004
Got my baby dyno’d! :cool: 365 HP 441 Tq (SAE). I’m very happy with the numbers. Especially for being stock other than a VB and Cold Air(I think). But, the air fuel is a little questionable. I think it may have a chip or tune in it. I’ll post up my dyno sheet once I get them scanned in tomorrow. Then you can tell me what you think.

Big thanks to Speed Inc for getting me in so quickly!!! :headbang:

Here is a small vid and dyno graph will be up tomorrow.
right click, save as

bethdyno.jpg

03lightning

boot scootin boogey
Jul 1, 2005
tom03Cobra said:
Nice #'s. Lightning's love lower pulley's.
On a very conservative tune (14* timing, a/f 11.5-11.0) as a daily driver did 421rwhp and 509rwtq, with just an OLD apten port, 6 lb lower, apten dyno tune, MAC CAI, Flowmaster Cat-back (on an '03)

enjoy

very impressive #s for the mods.
Congrats beth you are in good hands there without a doubt.

Tyler

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
JeffsLightning said:
Your numbers look good for a basic stocker... :biggthump What makes you think there is a tune or chip in it? With your mods one is not needed...A tune with a pulley change is your best bet for more HP....Speed can hook you up...

I was a little worried that it was tuned because the a/f was pretty lean, but after thinking about it... it may be reading lean cause they used a sniffer (after the cats.)

Once the weather perks up I will get a bung welded in and datalog the a/fs.

Unoid

Libertarian Massa
Aug 30, 2004
thats a strong dyno for just a cold air intake as performance addition :)
your AF is a bit lean.

If you're thinking of getting a tune you might as well get a 4# lower pulley its just a couple hundred. and then tune after that and you'll make mor elike 385hp/490ftlbs.
:)

goodluck beth!

ps my dyno looks a bit different than yours and mine is richer.

stockdyno.jpg

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
Unoid said:
thats a strong dyno for just a cold air intake as performance addition :)
your AF is a bit lean.

If you're thinking of getting a tune you might as well get a 4# lower pulley its just a couple hundred. and then tune after that and you'll make mor elike 385hp/490ftlbs.
:)

goodluck beth!

ps my dyno looks a bit different than yours and mine is richer.

We will definatley bet getting the tune fixed asap, but I dunno about a pulley just yet.

FYI- Your graph looks different cause the hp and tq scales are not matched up.

B

Boost12

The stock motor on the lightings are not that strong so you really have to watch how much power you push with it. But a good start would be

1. 4 lb lower
2. Header back exhaust
3. Intake with plen and throttle body :headbang:
4. Some kind of tune and you should be able to net right around 420-450whp with a good tune and 500 plus tq!!! I know zacs truck had a 6lb lower and an intake and RWD tune and he made 415whp and 510tq.. I may not be exact but I know his numbers were very close to that. And he turned very good track numbers too with those little mods on street tires :biggthump

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info