• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

More rear end drama...need opinions..quick!

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
Hey guys! This guy from Ebay actually called me back on this rear end that I bid on! He said if I throw him a couple hundred bucks he'll let me buy it, check it out http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...d=1,1&item=8033238691&sspagename=STRK:MEDW:IT

Should I take him up on this, it'll end up costing me $1200 for this or should I get the 94 housing and build it?????

This thing looks really strong, has real low miles, 33 spline axles, 33 spline posi, but you never know what you'll get in a used rear end I guess, I dont know what to do???? But I gotta figure it out fast!! :dunno:

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
firstsvt said:
Hey guys! This guy from Ebay actually called me back on this rear end that I bid on! He said if I throw him a couple hundred bucks he'll let me buy it, check it out http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...d=1,1&item=8033238691&sspagename=STRK:MEDW:IT

Should I take him up on this, it'll end up costing me $1200 for this or should I get the 94 housing and build it?????

This thing looks really strong, has real low miles, 33 spline axles, 33 spline posi, but you never know what you'll get in a used rear end I guess, I dont know what to do???? But I gotta figure it out fast!! :dunno:

It is pretty much your call. It would definately be nice, but then again, like you said, you don't know what you are getting with a used rear-end.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
firstsvt said:
Hey guys! This guy from Ebay actually called me back on this rear end that I bid on! He said if I throw him a couple hundred bucks he'll let me buy it, check it out http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=8033238691&sspagename=STRK%3AMEDW%3AIT

Normally I stay away from people with only 8 feedback, but it looks like this seller is actually Livernois Motorsports. I'd call them direct and see if it's them. If so, you should be OK.

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
gnxs said:
Normally I stay away from people with only 8 feedback, but it looks like this seller is actually Livernois Motorsports. I'd call them direct and see if it's them. If so, you should be OK.

Yeah, it is Livernois. I called them and spoke to the guy that got it and he was quite friendly, knowledgeable, and answered all my questions, and "vouched" for the rear end as best he could, but it's still as is.......I think I'm gonna jump on it, it would cost almost 2x as much to build the same thing brand new, and it is a DTS piece after all, it even has brackets to run my stock Cobra rear brakes.......but bye bye ABS, oh well!!

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
gnxs said:
Good question Hank. Jason better be careful.

I don't know of too many posi unit's that interact with 33 spline axles. Could be a spool in there. :dunno:

I was worried about this too because I didnt want a spool, Rick @ Livernois said its a rebuildable POSI, there are a few that I know of, I know Strange makes a 33 spline POSI, so its probably something along those lines.

Its pretty much a done deal at this point, I paid the guy for the rights to the rear, just have to call Livernois to arrange a pickup date, it'll cost too much to ship so I think I'm going to make a day trip to the motor city, anybody wanna ride shotgun :lmao:

How far of a drive is it to that hellhole, like 4 or 5 hours?

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
firstsvt said:
I was worried about this too because I didnt want a spool, Rick @ Livernois said its a rebuildable POSI, there are a few that I know of, I know Strange makes a 33 spline POSI, so its probably something along those lines.

Its pretty much a done deal at this point, I paid the guy for the rights to the rear, just have to call Livernois to arrange a pickup date, it'll cost too much to ship so I think I'm going to make a day trip to the motor city, anybody wanna ride shotgun :lmao:

How far of a drive is it to that hellhole, like 4 or 5 hours?

Good deal Jason. You're basically getting it for 50% of what it would cost from DTS!

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
I'm just going to bolt it in and hope everything is OK. DTS makes great stuff and the staff @ Livernois were helpful and they are pretty reputable as well. Man, cant believe I pulled the trigger, I've been lurking for this kind of deal for months and finally found the one. Dropping ~ 125 pounds, got some 3.90's, and its gonna take a beating :headbang: :clap:

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
Thanks for answering all my questions Hank, I know I've been buggin you for months about this solid thing, but it'll be over soon!

How bout the rest of the setup....I was thinking

-Precision 448 U joint to keep my driveshaft, I think I need a GT yoke too right?
-Adjustable Spring perch Pro 3i's with spherical bearings
-Some type of adjustable uppers (Poly or steel bushings??)
-Bullitt springs
-Stange 10 way shocks
-My stock Cobra brakes
-Swaybar?????
-Magnaflow Magnapack CB

Should I get the torque boxes welded or just go gung ho and get some battle boxes. It looks like many of the battle box kits are a bolt in with some drilling obviously, can this be done with the IRS or solid on the car?? I am going to do the swap myself in my garage so I wont be able to take the car to a shop with the rear out so it can be welded.

Also as far as bushings, how much rubber/poly do I want in there, I know I want spherical bushings on the lowers, how bout uppers?? Whats a good upper control arm??

Driveshaft ? I think I need a GT DS yoke right and with the special U joint I can retain my DS I think??

Sorry this is snowballing fast.......Hank....Hank....paging Hank :lmao:

Thanks guys

Wharf Rat

The other Hank
Mar 1, 2004
:D

U-joint/driveshaft... depends on which pinion flange the new rearend has on it. If it is a Cobra pinion flange you don't have to do anything. Your DS will bolt right up as is. If it is a GT flange then you got a little work to do.

For contol arms good luck. There's like 50 different places to get those. I got MM LCAs with spherical bushings and FRPP uppers.

The Bullitt springs might just be the way to go. I have H&R race springs. They ride and look good but sit pretty low. I can't imagine these are good for weight transfer. I might go to the Bullitt springs this season.

Adjustable shocks are the way to go. I have QA1s. Just got the adjustable struts, too.

I am using a stock Mustang GT swaybar. If I was thinking I woulda got the Bullitt/Mach 1 swaybar cause it's beefier.

And yes Magnapacks rock. Your neighbors won't like them though.

I welded my torque boxes. I looked into those battle boxes and was going to get them but my solid showed up before I ordered them so I said screw it. I had access to a welder so I just welded them up in my garage. I suck at welding but they've held up so far (prolly about 25 passes or so).

Once you have all the parts the install is a peice of cake.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info