• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Dyno Tuning in the Chicago Land Area

Cobra Dude

Regular
Mar 19, 2004
cobravenom39 said:
I would recommend Sutton or Speed inc first, they have more experience with our cars and have had good results with board members.

I agree. Sutton has put my car in the low 11's and offered to make it faster (low 10's) but I just do not want to put in a roll bar. Sutton can make it as fast as you want to fly and they are in the neighborhood. Those two shops know our cars.

RWTD

Aug 26, 2005
Juggernaut said:
yes 3 tunes , 1 didnt work, and the other 2 one's @ 10.1 A/F and the other i havent Dyno'ed yet

If you're not happy with the tunes then please contact us to discuss this privately. We are here to work with you and help you get your vehicle running 100%, kind sir.

I most likely will not be able to respond back to this, but please contact [email protected] , or put up a reply in your support thread on our support site:

www.FordCustomTuning.com (aka www.DiabloSportTuning.com)

Thanks!

Cobra Dude

Regular
Mar 19, 2004
Juggernaut said:
im debating trying a tune from them
We are now in 2006. There has been a lot of research and educated reports on the 2003 and 2004 Cobra. The only difference in tunes from qualified tuners are the price of the tune, and whether you want an aggressive or safe tune with the air fuel ratio (i.e. leaning out the fuel or adding fuel and timing). Sutton now has a lot of experience and can give you whatever you need to run fast or go aggressive to please a client looking for that last once of HP. No one should run their Cobra in the aggressive mod riding around town. Tuners give you what you want for a price. The air density on the day of your tune, the air charge temperture, and the maxium boost is a major factor in your tune. If you live close to Sutton, use Sutton. You can always have them make adjustments if you want to be more aggessive. With the right equipment, you can learn to tune your own car but do you want to spend $5,000 to $15,000 for the right equipment? I keep a log on all of my runs and tunes from different tuners. I know what I am talking about when I say there is no big difference between Top Tuners other than being more aggressive with their tune. Being too aggressive is too risky.

Painter

TCG Elite Member
Mar 2, 2004
Cobra Dude said:
We are now in 2006. There has been a lot of research and educated reports on the 2003 and 2004 Cobra. The only difference in tunes from qualified tuners are the price of the tune, and whether you want an aggressive or safe tune with the air fuel ratio (i.e. leaning out the fuel or adding fuel and timing). Sutton now has a lot of experience and can give you whatever you need to run fast or go aggressive to please a client looking for that last once of HP. No one should run their Cobra in the aggressive mod riding around town. Tuners give you what you want for a price. The air density on the day of your tune, the air charge temperture, and the maxium boost is a major factor in your tune. If you live close to Sutton, use Sutton. You can always have them make adjustments if you want to be more aggessive. With the right equipment, you can learn to tune your own car but do you want to spend $5,000 to $15,000 for the right equipment? I keep a log on all of my runs and tunes from different tuners. I know what I am talking about when I say there is no big difference between Top Tuners other than being more aggressive with their tune. Being too aggressive is too risky.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am starting to see your point about tuners, I have had many tunes from various people. 1 of them even melted plugs, I went with sutton and everything has been good so far, plus there local!! and there a big dealership so if you ever have problems just go to the top....

Ray

Aug 25, 2004
shanker said:
I got a Diablo tune from James and it was almost perfect 11.8/1. I was satisfied with that but now I have a 2.76 sitting in a box waiting for the spring. Is anyone around here doing dyno tunes with the Predator?
We are now a Diablo dealer. We can tune with your Predator. Just give Randy or Doug a call to set it up. Just as a side note, we are still a SCT dealer also. We have decided to also deal Diablosport so we can give all of our customers the best service available in the country. The reality of it all is the tune is only as good as the person doing the tune. There are some slight differences between the two but not anything that would affect the quality of the tune.
www.suttonhp.com

Juggernaut

TCG Elite Member
Mar 16, 2005
jerry@sutton hp said:
We are now a Diablo dealer. We can tune with your Predator. Just give Randy or Doug a call to set it up. Just as a side note, we are still a SCT dealer also. We have decided to also deal Diablosport so we can give all of our customers the best service available in the country. The reality of it all is the tune is only as good as the person doing the tune. There are some slight differences between the two but not anything that would affect the quality of the tune.
www.suttonhp.com

have you guys tunes a terminator with Nitrious yet?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info