• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Lower Pulley Install. Day 1

wizdawg

TCG Elite Member
May 1, 2005
Everything was going great. The alternator came out with no problem. Everything is out but the lower pulley/cage. I put a 1/2" drive breaker with a 5' pipe (that I bought at Home Depot). Started pulling and POP. I though it broke loose. But when I looked down in there I saw the head of the breaker snapped right off!! Unfortunatly, at that time all stores were closed. Will have to finish it up tomorrow. Any last install tips?

This thing is so old. My dad said he got it when he was about 16 (1970). It was part of a Montgomery Wards set. LOL I hope a new craftsman will hold up.

brokebreaker.jpg

wizdawg

TCG Elite Member
May 1, 2005
a new craftsman breaker did the job. i am getting aggravated becuase I cant get a belt to fit. someone help me out .

2.93/4#, 3-100mm & 1-90mm BF idlers on new snub bracket, metco 4# lower with idler in upper position.

EDIT: forgot to mention the 3.2" alt. pulley

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info