• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

what to do?

01Sleeper

TCG Elite Member
Dec 11, 2004
I would definately do the work yourself, you will save yourself a lot of money. The way I look at is if you can do it yourself, why pay someelse to do it. It is kinda like throwing money away, although if you have money to throw away, I will take some. :biggthump

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
sonicblue2003 said:
Thanks for your input I got plenty of tools the only thing I am lacking is the puller, unless a normal pulley puller will work I got that? what kind of puller is it, can I maybe use someone's from the board or maybe rent it from someone . Also wouldnt a dyno tune be better then just a mail tune? Thanks again

Tom

both mail and dyno tunes are good.. mail tune would be RWTD [James] no doubt..

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
sonicblue2003 said:
wanted some opion's, going to pullie the Cobra, should I just bring it to a shop and let them do everything, or should I put the pullie, belt, idlers and plugs in and then tow it to the shop to get tunned? I am well qulified to do the work and have a car trailer. just wanted some opions, thanks Tom
If I had to do it all over again, I'd get a kb/whipple right off the bat. I blew so much money on uppers and tunes I could shit a brick!

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
It is definitely a do it yourself project that shouldn't take more that a couple of hours.
You do need a special puller for these cars.
You can get one from Doug at BilletFlow for a pretty good price.
I do have one you can use, but I'm pretty far away from you (Beecher).
If you want to come down, that would be fine. You could do it here.

Later,
Dan

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
sonicblue2003 said:
wanted some opion's, going to pullie the Cobra, should I just bring it to a shop and let them do everything, or should I put the pullie, belt, idlers and plugs in and then tow it to the shop to get tunned? I am well qulified to do the work and have a car trailer. just wanted some opions, thanks Tom
we bought a kit from RPM Outlet, and put on what we could and Lyle and Dan did the pulley, but the tune that came with the Diablo wasn't too good,
so I'd say install it, and go to a site vendor,
we used Speed Inc. and were very pleased :biggthump

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info