• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Replacement of clutch cable

Soilent1

Lost Experiance
Sep 19, 2005
I was wondering if any of you guys know if you need to replave the stock ( self adjusting) clutch cable when you replace the flywheel and clutch plate throw out bearing ect... I have had everything replace except the clutch cable and i notice my clutch cable vibrates and it just doesn't feel right at fast ecelleration it feel like the tras grab and lets go repeatedly or do you guys think my clutch was installed improperly ?
any help would be great

Eddie

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Soilent1 said:
I was wondering if any of you guys know if you need to replave the stock ( self adjusting) clutch cable when you replace the flywheel and clutch plate throw out bearing ect... I have had everything replace except the clutch cable and i notice my clutch cable vibrates and it just doesn't feel right at fast ecelleration it feel like the tras grab and lets go repeatedly or do you guys think my clutch was installed improperly ?
any help would be great

Eddie

First, the stock cable is not self-adjusting. It is just a cable. It is a good cable, better than aftermarket ones. Keep it if it is working ok.
The symptoms you describe may be ones of an improperly adjusted clutch. Find the owners manual and follow the proceedure for adjusting the clutch.

Better still, get an aftermarket quadrant and firewall adjuster. It will make adjusting the clutch easier and help the clutch live longer.

If after doing these basic things, the clutch still vibrates, then there may be an installation issue that needs to be looked into.
For an experienced mechanic, these clutches are simple, but for an inexperienced person, there are plenty of areas than can cause problems.

Dana

Soilent1

Lost Experiance
Sep 19, 2005
Dana said:
First, the stock cable is not self-adjusting. It is just a cable. It is a good cable, better than aftermarket ones. Keep it if it is working ok.
The symptoms you describe may be ones of an improperly adjusted clutch. Find the owners manual and follow the proceedure for adjusting the clutch.

Better still, get an aftermarket quadrant and firewall adjuster. It will make adjusting the clutch easier and help the clutch live longer.

If after doing these basic things, the clutch still vibrates, then there may be an installation issue that needs to be looked into.
For an experienced mechanic, these clutches are simple, but for an inexperienced person, there are plenty of areas than can cause problems.

Dana

Thank you for the tip when I get to work tonight I will pull her into the ware house and look in the maual and see whats up I really appreciate the advise thanks a bundle brother.......

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Soilent1
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list