• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Hermann is coming.............

dun4791

gypsy is a whore!
Mar 2, 2004
What ain't no country I ever heard of
I am putting together a list of people that would like to be tuned by Hermann from Horsepower by Hermann.............

We are looking at the first week of April tentatively..........

We have about 90 days to get our mods in order.............

Dana of LDC Chicago is graciously letting Hermann work out of his shop in Beecher............

No hotels Hermann and James will be staying with either Dan or myself........

This will work for the guys in Michigan, Indianapolis and St. Louis as well.....

This is for interest, I will finalize everything and get some rates on hotels, and answer questions on this thread about mods etc...............

Price will depend on #,s of cars to be tuned and your specific mod list.........

Lyle

wizdawg

TCG Elite Member
May 1, 2005
I was just about to start a thread on this topic. I saw a thread awhile back about this, but was locked because it was so early.

1)Will this be tuned on a dyno?
2)Is a wideband needed?
3)How will A/F be measured?
4)Can I get an example how certian mods will determin cost?
5)What is the best estimated price for this?
6)Can hermann provide a generic tune before hand, so that I can drive to Beecher without blowing up my car :)?

wizdawg said:
I was just about to start a thread on this topic. I saw a thread awhile back about this, but was locked because it was so early.

1)Will this be tuned on a dyno?
2)Is a wideband needed?
3)How will A/F be measured?
4)Can I get an example how certian mods will determin cost?
5)What is the best estimated price for this?
6)Can hermann provide a generic tune before hand, so that I can drive to Beecher without blowing up my car :)?

1)No, street tuned so that load can be accounted for in the tune.
2)No, Hermann has a wideband he will use, You do however need a bung welded in your exhaust preferably in the drivers side before the cats if you have them. And be sure to run an 18mm tap through, if Hermann has trouble with the threads he will not tune your car.
3)with the wideband
4)we need to see how many cars we can get, and then I will be able to give you a better ball park figure.
5)I will talk to Hermann about the prices-(see #4)
6)Yes, if you need a box tune to get your car to Beecher, he can ship you a chip or a flasher ahead of time and dial it in in Beecher.

Lyle

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
dun4791 said:
2)No, Hermann has a wideband he will use, You do however need a bung welded in your exhaust preferably in the drivers side before the cats if you have them. And be sure to run an 18mm tap through, if Hermann has trouble with the threads he will not tune your car.
I don't have long-tube headders or a bung welded onto my exhaust, that is unless you're talking about the O2 sensor bung? But how are you going to drive like that.....sorry, I'm stoopid.

-Mike

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info