• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Computer swap...

CobraCommander

Rice & Beans
Mar 27, 2005
I have been tossing around the idea of modding the Cobra, but the number one issue I have is that I want to keep it under warranty (bad memories of thousands of dollars spent on the Thunderbirds back in the day)

Anyway, my performance goals are minimal, lower metco pulley, performance tune and some minor stuff. I have had my eye on the chrome whipple since NMRA and would like to cam it as well, but I would like to know if merely swapping the box will do the trick and if I need a key that is coded to the new computer...

It was easy back in the days of the EEC-IV, but my warranty and I get along very well. I spent less than the amount of warrantied repairs that came about due to daily driving (never seen the track) and I am very happy with that.

If it is as simple as getting another computer and a key to match, then game on...

DNeinstadt

SVTOA-TC Chapter Director
Mar 11, 2005
I have a spare '03 computer, I have swapped it with the spare I have (currently running) and the key still works. I'm not sure if there was anything done to my car before I got it but the spare '03 Cobra computer I have was "set up" by Lethal Injected (or someone I think?) to be left in "open loop" mode, which the prior owner told me I could run any pulley on.

I would reflash it to be sure but I'd sell it if you wanted it? PM me if you like.
Dan

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• C
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list