• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Thought it was a TOB and was much more

FUNDAD

Big Trouble in Little China
Apr 6, 2005
Two days ago on my way home from work I was beating on my pet snake a bit and I all of a sudden started to hear what sounded like two birds having sex under my hood. The noise would sound louder and quieter at diff rpms and in diff gears.

It would stop when I pushed in the clutch and begin again right after I let it out. Come to find out after a little research last night that was the giveaway.

I brought the car to my buddy at Ford and he took a quick listen and said yep its the TOB. So I asked since I am still under warranty if that was covered and he said should be. We went inside and talked to a service advisor. Come to find out it was covered and I droppped off the car.

I get a call a few hours later and to my suprise I am told by my buddy in svc that its not the TOB that its the assembly that holds the TOB and is something to do with the Transmission. Apparently it was cracked or broken and was moving around.

The only COOL part is that apparently there is a TSB and it states that customers complained of difficulty shifting and other similair statements. My buddy said that the "trans guy" will be fixing it and the car should be done this Friday. He said that the fix is supposed to make it much easier to shift into gear.

Didnt mean to be so long winded but wanted to describe what was happening and how its being fixed. My Factory warranty is up on 1-31-06 so I am hoping that anything else that will screw up shows its ugly head soon as I wont be driving the car after the end of November.

Matt :biggthump

FUNDAD

Big Trouble in Little China
Apr 6, 2005
Yeah no kidding!! You can say that again!! I thought they were going to laugh at me having all the shit done that anyone that works there would be able to tell is not factory.

Luckily I feel like I got an insider pulling for me doing his best to convince the managers there that its ok. And most importantly that nothing I did to the car affected the root of the problem.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• FUNDAD
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list