• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Gas pedal keeps breaking

SLVR03

Aug 7, 2005
I have gone through three gas pedals in the 3000 miles I have had my car. The first one broke the second day I had the car, so I ordered one from summit (just the pedal). I got that one in and then it broke the same day. I was like wtf, and got the whole pedal assembley with arm from Larry Roesch thinking mabey the arm was bent. That lasted all of three weeks and when I went to the track on Friday it broke off again. I now have three broken pedals, all broke in the same spot, right at the place the pin goes through it. When I floor the pedal I have alot of pressure on it. Mabey I am pushing to hard, but I have never had this problem in any other car. Has any one had this problem with there GT or Cobra (any year)?

SVT SPEED 04

TCG Elite Member
Jun 9, 2004
I am on a broken pedal myself. I think the carpet causes the pedal to bind and puts alot of stress on the CHEAP plastic pedal we paid so much money for.

I have cut the carpet now to prevent it from binding as well as getting stuck. I have to the pedal replaced under warranty still.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
The driver's gas foot naturally rests to the right of the pedal. Pushing down from this position puts the pressure on the right side of the pedal which eventually rips the thin plastic eyelets [the old metal eyelets were just too expensive, Ford?].

Try holding your foot further left and pressing on the center of the pedal.

Oncebitten03

TCG Elite Member
Feb 13, 2005
it's happened to a couple friends of mine as well..

but i have this ready just incase mine goes.. jk :)

ModGas.jpg

smith876

Displaced Chicagoan
Mar 29, 2004
KC, MO
Glad to read I'm not the only one...now hearing you broke this on Friday also...I sure do wish we would have caught-up Friday night!

I found the roush part SM94-5300-A, and looks like it's about 85 bucks for the full set. Anyone find the part anywhere else for a better price? Or find a vendor who will only sell the gas pedal cover?

SLVR03

Aug 7, 2005
smith876 said:
Glad to read I'm not the only one...now hearing you broke this on Friday also...I sure do wish we would have caught-up Friday night!

I found the roush part SM94-5300-A, and looks like it's about 85 bucks for the full set. Anyone find the part anywhere else for a better price? Or find a vendor who will only sell the gas pedal cover?
I called Roush this mourning on the way to work, and the girl I talked to said that there set bolts on to the exsisting pedal's and does not replace them. I think I am going to order a GT pedal assembley and see how that works. If it does mabey I will get the Roush set and bolt them to the GT. I am ultimatley looking for an all aluminum replacement. I have searched and come up empty handed. I am in no hurry. If anyone knows where to go let us know.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info