• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

CPE turbo specs/preliminary pricing!

SVTdubs

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
First of all I want to introduce CPE. CPE stands for Castellano Performance Engineering, a turbo company and speed shop located in Elburn, IL approx. 40 miles west of Chicago. Paolo, the owner owned numerous fast cars and found himself into Dodge Vipers. He produces a twin turbo system that speaks for itself. He knows his stuff!
cpe2.jpg

cpe.jpg

auto trans in overdrive on a mustang dyno!
cpettt.jpg

775 RWHP and 1167 RWTQ@3400 RPM
1350+ RWTQ starting at 3700 and going all the way to 5K
AVERAGE 1178 RWHP and 1336 RWTQ from 3400-5600
1278_rwhp_good_resolution_medium.jpg

Now let’s discuss my cars combination.
pi5send8_7_.jpg

I will be using a Sullivan intake, 88mm turbo, 4” downpipe, electric cutout, custom Y pipe and 3” mac catback. I will also be running a return fuel system and 26psi of boost through the stock T56 trans and IRS with only DSS level 2 bars and MJ/Billet Flow Diff brace!

The car will sound completely stock with the cutout closed but when I get a race, the unsuspecting prey will be in for it! Ill open the cutout open and let it rip! Can you imagine how my car will sound with the built motor with Stage 3 cams with the cutout open even at idle???

Now the standard kit for the 03-04 cobra is designed around the maximum motorsports front suspension (K member, a arms, coilovers and oil relocation kit). The best of the best! It will ALSO work with AJE, QA1 or Granetelli COMPLETE front suspensions.

How we compare? I have gotten multiple emails and pm’s about how we are different than other turbo kits that sells for $6,750-$7,300 and the kits that do not include an intake or the following...

Necessary for installation of 03-04 Cobra
99-01 Alternator #YR3210346AA
Alternator Bracket #XR3Z-10153-AB
99-01 Cobra Intake (Lower) #YR3Z9424BA (Upper) #XR3Z9424AA
99-01 Serpentine Belt #4060980 ^ 6PK2490
99-01 Throttle Cable Bracket & Cable Bracket # XR3Z9728CA Cable #1R3Z9A758CA
Alternator Wires to extend . pigtail #1U2Z14S411UA
*If keeping EGR is desired, need 99-01 EGR tube # XR3Z9D477DB

Some companies offer a suspension and no intake. We do it differently. We provide the intake (Sullivan) and let you pick your suspension that is not included in our kit. If you have any questions about how we compare to other companies specifically, contact me and I will try to differenciate the two as best as possible!

Now that we have the basics of who we are and how we compare, let’s see what we offer.

Remember, our goal is to get ANYONE into the turbo scene and make the kits FULLY UPGRADABLE so you can move up the chain without hardly any modifications when you want more power or the funds allow.

Our Kit includes

Sullivan Upper/Lower intake including Fuel Rails
76mm turbo
Stainless Steel turbo piping
Misc bolts clamps etc
Tial Wastegate
Blow off valve
Boost controller
Coolant reservoir
Air/air intercooler
Battery relocation
BIG air filter (14” on my car!)

We have 4 options to meet every ones needs. They are the following…

-CPE 76mm RACE KIT
Includes all of the above and it’s the entry level kit so anyone can afford to get into the turbo scene. It is an open 3” downpipe (turbo cars are quieter than blower cars) and this kit is FULLY UPGRADABLE

-The 76mm STREET KIT includes all of the above and a custom Y pipe that bolts back up to the stock or any aftermarket catback and this kit is FULLY UPGRADABLE

-The 88mm RACE KIT features all of the above with an 88mm turbo with an open 4” downpipe and is FULLY UPGRADABLE.

-The 88mm STREET KIT includes all of the above and the Y pipe that bolts back up to the stock or any aftermarket catback.

PRELIMINARY PRICING!!!
For the cars that are brought to us, we only take a deposit of HALF of your turbo kit. The remainder is paid in full when you pick your car up.

CPE 76mm RACE KIT will be estimated to sell for only $5,400
CPE 76mm STREET KIT will be estimated to sell for only $5,700
CPE 88mm RACE KIT will be estimated to sell for $6,400
CPE 88mm STREET KIT will be estimated to sell for $6,700

Then we have the following options to add on to your kit!

Coating $500
Polishing $300
Catalytic converter $150
Electric cutout $250
Electric boost controller that controls boost by gear, rpm, mph, top of the line (will name it later) $1,000
And you can always upgrade to the 88mm turbo and 4” downpipe

MUST READ! If you bring your car to us and have us install the kit, we will offer you a service to bring your car to James @ RWTD or Hermann on a trailer to have it tuned by the best so its ready to go when you pick it up!!!

We also can come and get your car with our truck/trailer from any location and do the install at our shop!

We have 4 test cars that we are going to be putting the system on. We will not show pictures of where the turbo is mounted because we don’t want any ideas stolen from us. We see it this way, we are going to make a system that makes power and runs fast, does the placement of the turbo really matter? When the system is on multiple cars, we will post pictures for everyone to see but there is no need to even show it until that time. I have 2 deposits from people who didn’t even ASK about where it was mounted. I offered to show them. It’s that good. If you have any more questions, feel free to pm me, IM me on aol aim (ejow25 is my name) or call me at 630-768-0761 anytime. I understand people work and 9-5 is not the best time to get in touch with us for you guys. You can get in touch with me anytime, I talked to someone this morning at 4:30am so feel free to call me whenever!

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
Looks like a sweet kit and good luck with everything.

I may be want to talk about a kit at the end of next summer if all goes well. I will see how yours goes first. :p

To anybody else out there - Eric is a great guy to deal with!!! :headbang:

B

Boost12

Dam Eric that seems like a good kit to buy. Im gonna get some cash together and maybe shoot you a PM or call you about a down payment on the 76mm race kit. Im so confused on what to do though because to get the turbo kit to work right its gonna coast close to 7 grand or more and I can do a whipple setup with spray for alot cheaper and not be that much slower because the powerband of a blown car is alot more useable than a turbo one.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
SALEENstang96 said:
What?!? Do me a favor, go outside (or in the garage), pop the hood on your Cobra and just stare. Your car is TITS! I wish I had money, I want more power. That shit is Bananas, YO!

-Mike

LOL!!!

Yea, Yea, Yea.. well you see what i spent my money on..
I got to get it through my damn head ..

Rule Number 1: Someone is always faster!

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
VenomInside said:
Rule Number 1: Someone is always faster!
Exactly, so don't beat yourself up over it. I learned that a long time ago, I will never be the fastet ever, but I'm faster than every Vette I've raced so far--that makes me happy :D . Makes this "Cobra" thing all worth it...I hate Corvettes. :mad: ....Man, the look on their faces is ALWAYS pricesles...

-Mike

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info