• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

New bests!!!

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
As Larry mentioned in his Good, Bad and the Ugly thread, I ran a few new bests at GLD yesterday.

Traction was hard to come by early in the day, and my first run was a (1.96 short time) 12.04 @ 122.60. While very happy getting a high trap speed, I was worried I was in for yet another day of 12.0s and lousy traction. :eek:

After noon, the traction finally came around and things got MUCH better. :clap:

Next three runs were all new bests.

11.826 @ 121.40
11.812 @ 121.27

and

1.694 60', 11.706 @ 120.83 :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

My launches were still a little weak, but I was scared after watching Larry snap a shaft right in front of me. I really think a little more agressive launch and I would have has some 11.6x's, but I had to take off early. :(

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
Way to go Carl!!

Yeah, Carl was bringing the fuggin mail :headbang: I had my personal best as well, not as spectacular as Carl but I have resigned as the 12.0 king as I ran in the 11.8's & 11.9's all day with a best of 11.86 @ 118 with an OK 1.7' 60', not leaving real hard . Car started to pick up more & more ET & MPH as I started shifting harder but I ran out of time cuz I got there late. Oh well, finally 11's, sure felt good. Nice job Carl, and sorry to see Larry break again :crying:

On a side note, I have been reading a lot about belt slip and pullies and brackets and such, and believe it or not, I am 90% sure that this newer style aux idler bracket cost me about 1 PSI!!! I put in on the night before and I saw 14 PSI before, took it out after and only got 13 PSI. Is this possible from the added parasitic drag. I was seeing 13 PSI MAX boost yesterday in the cold. What PSI did you see Carl?? Thanks

Jason

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
To be honest, I have no idea what PSI I was seeing. :dunno:

I was so worried about shifting I keep forgetting to check. I need to set up a camera to watch he boost gauge, LOL.

What were you shifting at? I lowered my shift lite again, down to 6k and it seems to work pretty good. I keep reading about guys shifting at 5500, so I am gonna try that next time out.

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
10th03cobra said:
Carl is getting to be a hell of a driver. Watch the MSC 4.0 video, he launchs on me by 3-4 cars almost every run, but he might have digtially enhanced the vid to make me look bad. :joke:

LOL... In fact, I had a Beth in the car on all my runs against you! :p :biggthump

Thanks for the props guys. These cars love the good air, and I am getting MUCH better at driving this pig (finally.)

I forgot to mention that we had a 15 mph headwind all day too. :D

Yes Larry, I saw the car it was FLYING!! :headbang: :headbang:

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
Wharf Rat said:
Great times Carl!

Makes me want to get to the track to beat them. ;)

What about Byron.... Lot's of SAT/SUN T&T left up there. I think the kids from Madison are heading up there next week or so.

http://www.madisonmusclemustangs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1520

Beat them? You wish! By the time you do, I may be running 11.6s! :p :joke:
I need to learn to powershift, maybe I can pick up another tenth or two. :dunno:

We are planning on going to Byron on the 22nd. The 15-16th weekend is their big bracket bash thingy and it will be busy as hell.

slow lane

May 7, 2004
Congrats!

I hope to join you soon.

Nice to see GLD with some traction. I set new personal bests there last Wed. with a dead clutch. 1.671 60' (was 1.781), 7.725 1/8th (was 7.788), ran it out to 12.089 at 114.64.

If I find a day with good traction and a good clutch, I might finally run better than 12.0. The clutch parts are on the way. This week gives me renewed confidence.

I threw out all my slips from late May and early June at the Grove. I had one 60' of 1.98, all the rest ranged from 2.1 - 2.4 and I was spinning hard through 3rd gear.

Shane97Cobra

Addict
Apr 27, 2005
SVT SPEED 04 said:
congrats.... I am going late Oct. and hope for some new bests. This cold weather rocks for boosted cars.

I am sure you seen our shop car which is street driven and more then full weight set a new best too !

8.95 @ 153 :D

The car looked good. I was hoping a 8.xx would light up the boards after seeing the 9.0 pass.

It was fun watching Jim try to make a pass on the street tires too. HAHA

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info