• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor...got a question about it.

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
Are these hard to replace? I think mine is going. I was ripping it down a road and when I slammed from 2nd to 3rd, the car bogged...BAD! But it gathered itself and kept going, it didn't die or anything. Could this be the FRPS or maybe something else? I know I need a clutch soon, but the way the car acted, it didn't seem like a transmission problem.

-Mike

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
Change it to be safe... but that normally isn't the characteristic of FRPS. We were talking about this last night... what you are describing sounds like an issue that is pretty common in Cobras both stock and pullied cars. You floor it... and the whole car does nothing and then boom your off. I had this happen at the track when power shifting as well... I thought I broke my car. I think it has more to do with the boost bypass, but the only way to see if that is it, is to bypass the boost bypass. On another note, I have heard claims that there is a problem with Ford's base tune, that could be resolved by SCT. I'll have to dig into it again...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info