• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

crate motors

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
redsnake97 said:
i have a rod knock but i want to rebuild i think its better because what if something else bust you know

So basically you want a new complete short block. I would call DSS in St. Charles and see what there built shortblocks go for. Also I would use your block and crank and just get some good rods and pistons put in. Your motor is a 4 bolt main with a forged crank.

tgentry

Life begins at 500hp
Jun 27, 2005
If you're looking for real power down the road do NOT give up your Teksid block. All the '99+ aluminum blocks are known to be weaker then the Teksid ('96-'98) blocks.

Get it rebuilt. I probably wouldn't go with DSS based on problems others have had. They're not local, but Modular Powerhouse in Atlanta did an excellent job on my engine. Shipping a short block is really not that much of an issue.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info