• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Can anyone identify the rear springs....

smith876

Displaced Chicagoan
Mar 29, 2004
KC, MO
I have searched and found conflicting reports...was hoping someone here can help out. I am trying to identify the rear springs only, are they the set with the orange 'tape' holding the isolators to the top and bottom. Or are they the set with the kinked hose as an isolator?

Thank you in advance for your help!
-josh

T0_-1_694523.jpg

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
I couldn't tell you if they are coupe or convertible or whatever. But the ones with the kinked hose and harder rubber isolator on the other end are for the front. The kinked hose side goes toward the bottom in the control arm.

The two springs on the left are the rear springs. They have similar rubber isolators for top and bottom. The side of the spring where it coils tighter @ the end is the top side. It has a slightly shorter in height rubber isolator. The other end with the taller isolator that is indexed to match the end of the spring is the bottom and goes in the control arm.

Done it 6 times or more. P.M. if you have any questions or want to call.

Vince

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• S
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list