• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Rear Diff Brace!!!

BIGONTS

Addict
May 23, 2005
Yeah, no guarantees for low 10's but they have people on the site saying they go 9's with the brace. I have one with some MM IRS bushings and H&R Sport Springs and I've been launching pretty hard on 315 Nittos with no wheel hop or anything. It was really easy to install. Bout an hour. Let me know if you need help.

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
Differential is held in the front and the rear with rubber bushings. With wheel hop there is flex between the rear cover bushing and the front bushings. Differential is about 1" thick Aluminum whereas cover is 1/4" thick or less. Naturally the cover takes the abuse and shatters. Eliminating the flex is the key. Both the Billetflow brace and the MM aluminum Diff bushings help eliminate the flex. Other diff bushings generally address only the front bushings, MM addresses the front and rear. I have both the Billetflow Brace and the MM bushings...

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
SLVR03 said:
I already have the brace on. I am doing 1.801 60ft on a stock pulley with a cat-back and intake only (DR). I am thinking of adding some stuff to make it 600hp, I DO NOT WANT TO BREAK!!! should I go solid???

If your choice is between spending $2000.00 on IRS or spending a similar amount or less on the Solid w/ trade + upgrades, I would go with the solid and be done with it.

S

sonicsobo

BIGONTS said:
Yeah, no guarantees for low 10's but they have people on the site saying they go 9's with the brace. I have one with some MM IRS bushings and H&R Sport Springs and I've been launching pretty hard on 315 Nittos with no wheel hop or anything. It was really easy to install. Bout an hour. Let me know if you need help.

if that offer is still good on helping with the brace install i could use some help. have one sitting in my garage collecting dust...thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info