• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Eaton Lubrication

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
Black Venom 99 said:
Hey guys, Im sorry to waste your time with a question like this but I need to know. How do Eaton superchargers get their lubrication. Is there a special way to lube one up or how does it happen. Please let me know. Thanks

Uhh, no waste of time. That's what the forum is for.

The Eatons have an access port on the front of the case - just a bolt with an allen head key. It holds some sort of lube for the front rotor bearings. The rear bearings are sealed I believe.

In addition to that, mine used to suck so much oil through the PCV system that the rotors couldn't help but be constantly lubed!

natedog_1959

Aug 10, 2005
All Eaton Superchargers use Nye 605 (I think it's 605) Synthetic oil. It is very expensive but very effective. Its specs can be found on Nye's website. This is coming from a former Eaton Co-op who worked at their Marshall, MI proving grounds for 1.5 years. Good luck finding any Nye outside of Magnusson or another blower but I wouldn't recommed the latter. You need to figure out exactly how much your blower came with originally as well. 10-15 cc's too much or too little can quickly build up enough heat to destroy a unit. Good luck with your search. Nate.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• B
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list