• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Found The Rattle in My Front End

Dewalt03cobra

Dewalt03Cobra
Dec 3, 2004
I've had a rattle now for about three months in the drivers side front. It only made noise on rough roads, but every one who heard it said it sounded like something loose or falling off. I've made some changes to the front end (New springs, rotors, pads, CC plates, and a srtut tower brace) and I have checked every bolt numerous times and had not found it. Yesterday I checked again and found something very minor. The sheetmetal brake dust shield on the drivers side was about 1/8" away from the rotor on the drivers side and about 3/4" away on the passenger side. I bent it out the same distance (3/4") on the drivers side and went for a ride. I went down Rt. 31 between Crystal Lake and McHenry (It always Rattles going both directions on this road) and it didn't make a sound. I then went down some really bad roads that I avoid like the plague. Nothing, not a sound. When I thought about it, I must have bent this when I removed the stut to put the CC plates in. Took 3 months to notice something that simple, and every one who heard it said it sounded more like a bolt rattling then a thin piece of sheetmetal. :headbang:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info