• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Head Tick? 03 Problem

tmkr3

Banned
Aug 11, 2005
I just got the car and I saw on some one's website that the 03 cobra has what they called a head tick because the valve seats overheat and warp only on the drivers side when you start to make more power. I know more power=more heat.
Does anyone know how true this is? Anyone have this problem?
I want to modify the car but I don't want to be tearing the motor apart any time soon.

Thanks for any help.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
My 03 Cobra (stock) w/ 6900 miles had the tick.

Fair Oaks Ford in Naperville, IL. replace the head under warranty w/out any issues.

Now at 10,000 miles I have a bad case of piston slap (Piece of Sh!t) and the car only has a k/n filter and catback...

Going back for more warranty work...

Bottom line, modify the car as remaining stock may not make a difference anyway.

Dave

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
I have the tick now. :headbang:

I thought it was a loose header. Nope. It was ticking a little in and out before the header install. Now it ticks all the time, high pitched like to metal balls tapping together.

I have the blue stripe on the head also.

Flyn high again said:
Out of all the Terminators we've seen at our various get togethers I have only seen one with the tick. It's not as prevalent a problem as people think.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
ChicagoMike said:
I have the tick now. :headbang:

I thought it was a loose header. Nope. It was ticking a little in and out before the header install. Now it ticks all the time, high pitched like to metal balls tapping together.

I have the blue stripe on the head also.

Sorry to hear that, Mike.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
ChicagoMike said:
Does anyone suggest a dealer for the head tick, such as sutton? I just pullied the car and everything. If it doesn't effect performance should I care?

As stated earlier, Fair Oaks Ford in Naperville replaced the head on my 03 Cobra w/out any trouble. My car was stock....

I told them the symptoms, said it was probably valves associated w/ # 7 or #8 cylinders and stated there was a TSB on this issue. They simply called SVT and discussed the next steps, ordered/installed the new head. All under warranty.

Dave

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info