• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Dyno Results... *pics

EVLSVT

Banned
Dec 15, 2004
I just got back from Sutton FORD, and here is my latest dyno result...

dynosheet16kd.jpg

The car is making 318hp to the wheels, and 316.20 in tq (STD)! If anyone could find out how much at the crank that is, that'd be great!

Mods are...

BBK Cai
BBK LT Headers
MAC Prochamber
MAC Catback

Thats it !

EDIT
SAE #'s
HP: 312.46
TQ: 309.91

They said it was one of the higher results from most 01's with this many minimal performance mods :rolling:

Kegger

Addict
Jun 23, 2005
You CANNOT use a constant variable when trying to determine rwhp to flywheel horsepower. Sorry but that 18 to 25 percent is way off. Even if you take the smaller of the two...18 percent. At 450 rwhp, that means that the flywheel hp would be 550. That is WAY TO MUCH in terms of loss of power through the drivetrain.

Consider a full blown race car that dyno'd at 1,800 rwhp. If we continue to use the constant variable loss of 18%, that would mean that the flywheel hp is about 2,200. That would mean a drivetrain loss of 400 hp! I hope you can see my logic in saying that when determining a flywheel hp, you really can't use a constant variable percentage. Its always changing the more power you are putting down. Hope that makes sense.

02mingreyconv

Regular
Jan 31, 2005
Kegger said:
You CANNOT use a constant variable when trying to determine rwhp to flywheel horsepower. Sorry but that 18 to 25 percent is way off. Even if you take the smaller of the two...18 percent. At 450 rwhp, that means that the flywheel hp would be 550. That is WAY TO MUCH in terms of loss of power through the drivetrain.

Consider a full blown race car that dyno'd at 1,800 rwhp. If we continue to use the constant variable loss of 18%, that would mean that the flywheel hp is about 2,200. That would mean a drivetrain loss of 400 hp! I hope you can see my logic in saying that when determining a flywheel hp, you really can't use a constant variable percentage. Its always changing the more power you are putting down. Hope that makes sense.

It does make sense, but I don't think that you can put a fixed number on it either.. like you loose 50 hp through a manual tranny and 80 hp through an automatic.... I do agree that the more power you make the 'less' the loss will be.

I have been told that you can calculate a loss of about 15% for manuals and 18% for automatics and this will give you a rough estimate of what your FWHP will be.

So in the case below we need to calculate it like this:

X x 0.85 = 318
<=>
X = 318/0.85
<=>
X = 374

If it is an automatic then it would be 388 hp.

This is just a rough estimate though... not that many people care what the FWHP is... everybody wants to know RWHP.

Mystic544

TimmaY
Apr 7, 2004
Peoria, AZ
You 99/01 Cobra guys kill me!
I had to do a ton of stuff to my 96 Cobra to get her to right at 300hp. I really need/want to get my intake re-done with shorter runners and a PnP job but that is like $700 and the gains are around 15-25 plus some loss in low end tq but gains in the upper rpm's. So that means more work and $'s just to catch up to you 99/01 guys :crying:
Oh well - those are great numbers.
As far as fly wheel numbers I've always heard that stick street cars should add 12 to 17%....and your number should be in there.

EVLSVT

Banned
Dec 15, 2004
Yea, ill be at McDonalts around 12:30 =/ i get off work at 12....

BTW - I just raced my friend in the Blue 03 Stock Cobra (video at: www.01cobra.net )

And as you saw, he used to beat me (obviousely) and killed me in 3rd gear... this time...

1st gear, I pulled him like crazy
2nd gear pulled even more (my back bumper to his front)
3rd gear, RAPE - no joke, i just kept pulling up top, and it would of gotten worse (we did a 0-130, and i just kept pulling away)

JaguarS4R

Regular
Jul 10, 2005
EVLSVT said:
Yea, ill be at McDonalts around 12:30 =/ i get off work at 12....

BTW - I just raced my friend in the Blue 03 Stock Cobra (video at: www.01cobra.net )

And as you saw, he used to beat me (obviousely) and killed me in 3rd gear... this time...

1st gear, I pulled him like crazy
2nd gear pulled even more (my back bumper to his front)
3rd gear, RAPE - no joke, i just kept pulling up top, and it would of gotten worse (we did a 0-130, and i just kept pulling away)

Hopefully someone will be around, man you get off so late. Dont know how you beat your friend, hes pushing more more power than you and you guys weigh the same. I understand you have all the suspension done, but I cant see your car running mid 12s.

EVLSVT

Banned
Dec 15, 2004
Tim must be drunk, because here are my SAE Corrected #'s....

Suspension mods are as follows....

H & R Race Springs
Blisten HD Shocks
Maximum Motorsports Isolators
Maximum Motorsports Full Length Subframe Connectors
Maximum Motorsports Caster / Camber Plates
Steeda Tire Rod Ends
Steeda Subframe Bushings
Cobra-R Tire Rods

And many more... (seriousely LOL)

nosty1

May 27, 2005
Awesome suspension mods
must handle great with those Cobra R tire rods
Hey i would just like to know where you got those
cant seem to find them anywhere
the cobra r tire rods are a must have

EVLSVT said:
Tim must be drunk, because here are my SAE Corrected #'s....

Suspension mods are as follows....

H & R Race Springs
Blisten HD Shocks
Maximum Motorsports Isolators
Maximum Motorsports Full Length Subframe Connectors
Maximum Motorsports Caster / Camber Plates
Steeda Tire Rod Ends
Steeda Subframe Bushings
Cobra-R Tire Rods

And many more... (seriousely LOL)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info