• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

I need your 2 cents about tuning my slug of a Cobra

Brutal04

Regular
Sep 9, 2004
Illinois
OK... Last Nov. I had the car tuned by Speed Inc. (Using my predator tuner) At that time all I had on the car was a BF 2.76 with Idler. I was impressed the the rwhp & tq. gain. (430rwhp & over 470tq) Fast forward to May of this year. I added the FIPK. The car still seemed to run good. Enter June & the Hot Rod Power Tour. The car seemed to be getting sluggish. I drove the entire tour MI. to FL. & when I got to (I think) TN. I put the car up on the portable dyno. Now I know it was a VERY hot day & the car was just driven for 300 miles but I lost over 40rwhp. (The air/fuel was good). OK.. now the tour was over.. When I got home I installed a SLP Loudmouth II with the race mufflers. (Stock H-Pipe for now. I'm putting on a Bassani cat-less X-pipe next week) The car still feels like a slug. I pulled out the plugs & they were pretty brown & dry. I changed them out this weekend with some Autolite Double Plat's. (I couldnt find Denso's) The car seems to run alittle better but it still doesn't seem right. What now?? A few guys told me to bring it to Sutton & have it tuned & dynoed again? What does Sutton charge? Should I use my tuner or have a chip made? :dunno:

SVTspeed

Apr 26, 2004
The drop in HP but no change in A/F is the change in air quality. November is a great time to dyno a Cobra. Now, summer in TN, in the middle of a nation wide cruise - on a portable dyno - I would expect less HP.

The tune will not change but the mods can affect it, I'd say redyno it with us so we can compare and overlay your last run with how its running now and if it needs tweaking we can take care of it.

The car will feel sluggish in hot humid weather - forced induction cars do not feel as strong with poor air quality.

Brutal04

Regular
Sep 9, 2004
Illinois
SVTspeed said:
The tune will not change but the mods can affect it, I'd say redyno it with us so we can compare and overlay your last run with how its running now and if it needs tweaking we can take care of it.

The car will feel sluggish in hot humid weather - forced induction cars do not feel as strong with poor air quality.

I'll have to bring it in to you.. As for feeling sluggish... It's been feeling funny for some time now. I thought I was just getting used to the car. :burnout:

I'll give you a call this week & we can set something up..

Brutal04

Regular
Sep 9, 2004
Illinois
Jay Vicious said:
well thats not smart putting a pulley on then

:argue2:

I bought the car in Nov. of '04 as a weekend/nice day driver. I bought a B.F. Pulley, K.B. Intake, Tri Axe & a Tuner. I installed the stuff while the car was stored for the Winter. Early Dec. I went to the storage & noticed that there were little chips on the bottom of the driver’s side ground effect. The weather was nice so I decided to take it to the dealer so they could repaint it under warranty. Before I took it in I put the car back to stock so I wouldn’t have any warranty issues later. When I got the car back I put the pulley & Tri Axe back on. I never liked the K.B. Intake so I ordered a FIPK & left off the K.B.. A couple weeks go by & the weather is still nice. I didn't receive the FIPK yet but I wanted to drive the car. I took the car to Speed Inc & had them tune it so I could drive the car while the weather was nice.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info