• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

97 Cobra Is Wonded

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
redsnake97 said:
I HAVE A 97 COBRA AND RECENTLY HEARD A LOUD KNOCKING NOISE. SOME PEOPLE TOLD ME IT MIGHT BE A ENGINE ROD. I WAS WONDERING HOW MUCH ARE THEY. pLEASE HELP ME OUT I DONT KNOWMUCH ABOUT ENGINES.
AND DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET THE "CHICAGOSVT.COM" WINDOW STICKER. I SAW IT ON A COBRA AT A RACE I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE ONE.

Sorry I can't help with the engine prob, but you can get the stickers through me... What color you looking for?

Shane97Cobra

Addict
Apr 27, 2005
redsnake97 said:
I HAVE A 97 COBRA AND RECENTLY HEARD A LOUD KNOCKING NOISE. SOME PEOPLE TOLD ME IT MIGHT BE A ENGINE ROD. I WAS WONDERING HOW MUCH ARE THEY. pLEASE HELP ME OUT I DONT KNOWMUCH ABOUT ENGINES.
AND DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET THE "CHICAGOSVT.COM" WINDOW STICKER. I SAW IT ON A COBRA AT A RACE I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE ONE.

If you are not familar with these motors and working on them I would suggest getting it to a shop ASAP. If it is a rod knock you will be investing in a new motor.

Did you over rev the motor? Or run it low on oil? Just couple reasons they spin rod bearings.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info