• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Horrible wheel hop

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
CobraEat'nBird said:
Just want opinions on how to make beckys(hot snake) car to stop hopping on launch and when you shift, PLEASE HELP :confused:

Get your foot out of it first of all, it's horrible on the drive line. You probably know that but I had to offer because some people just let it happen and it's sssooo bad.

Look for the post about getting together to install an IRS brace that welds the top of the carrier to the body, 25.00 mod from Steeda or I think these guys are going to build their own. Also consider a set of teflon bushings where the front of the differential attaches to the forward torque brace. I don't like my aluminum ones because they make too much noise and I don't see a difference, if anything, I spin easier.

That's all I had to do, as well as make sure I was on hot streets with warm tires, Like 70 & above or they will hop, much less when it's wet outside...forgetaboutit.
It's just an inherant vice.

BlueOvalBill

Jan 24, 2005
Since 1964 said:
Also consider a set of teflon bushings where the front of the differential attaches to the forward torque brace. I don't like my aluminum ones because they make too much noise

I hate the whining noise I get now on the highway. I think it's the aluminum bushings. Could the rear differential cover brace be contributing to it also? Anyway, does anyone know where I can get some teflon front differential bushings?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
BlueOvalBill said:
I hate the whining noise I get now on the highway. I think it's the aluminum bushings. Could the rear differential cover brace be contributing to it also? Anyway, does anyone know where I can get some teflon front differential bushings?

My brace doesn't make any noise.

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
BlueOvalBill said:

I'm going to call Kenney Brown Monday to see if I can get ANOTHER set of teflon like I bought there before.

BlueOvalBill

Jan 24, 2005
I called Kenny Brown to find out if they sell Teflon bushings. They don't. They sell the urethane bushings, which, from my experience, are quieter than the aluminum bushings. The urethane bushings make more noise than the stock rubber bushings, but only a little bit more noise. The guy from Kenny Brown said that they recommend leaving the subframe bushings stock in order to isolate the IRS-subframe noise from the rest of the car. But, I've already got urethane subframe bushings in. I had the urethane front differential bushings replaced with aluminum because the urethane differential bushings can melt when the differential gets really hot. But since all of my driving is done on the street (at least so far), I'm probably going to have the urethane bushings put back in.

pipeliner

Regular
Jun 10, 2005
BlueOvalBill said:
I called Kenny Brown to find out if they sell Teflon bushings. They don't. They sell the urethane bushings, which, from my experience, are quieter than the aluminum bushings. The urethane bushings make more noise than the stock rubber bushings, but only a little bit more noise. The guy from Kenny Brown said that they recommend leaving the subframe bushings stock in order to isolate the IRS-subframe noise from the rest of the car. But, I've already got urethane subframe bushings in. I had the urethane front differential bushings replaced with aluminum because the urethane differential bushings can melt when the differential gets really hot. But since all of my driving is done on the street (at least so far), I'm probably going to have the urethane bushings put back in.

Yes you are correct they are not Teflon but alot of people alread yknew that :p

Also as far as the subframe busings goes you should really reconsider the thought of not doind them. Yes it will transmit more NVH but the handling is night and day.

Also Derlin is a good susbsitute for the urethane.

Just dont use derlin for your subframe bushing

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
ShelbyGuy said:
you need to add more washers with the KB bushings. they got the pinion angle wrong. set the pinion angle and it will whirr less.

You think so? You know,,,,,we bought the gage and I followed KB instructions which said...."The angel the transmission tail shaft is downward, shoud be just the oposite on the differential upward" and that's exactly how it was. I did NOT notice the noise as much when NEW, but it has gotten worse and I am sick of it. It was during this instalation that my mechanic noticed the KB forward torque brace was bent and he could NOT line up that along with the bushings without a tremendous force, ssssoooooo we put the factory forward torque brace in and it fit perfect.

Perhaps you know why the whir appereared after about 1000 miles? My mechanic also thinks the KB brace is worthless compared to the factory, care to offer a comment on that?

Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info