• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

New Centerforce Dfx Clutch

SVTdubs

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
zero chatter. just got it back yesterday and the drivability is a little tougher than the DF clutch. It is on or off, no slip. It takes some time getting used to but it does hold the power. My car feels completely different now at wot. The pressure is lighter than the DF and it releases towards the top as it should so I can now shift it.

10 out of 10 in my book so far.

C

chris@svtspeed

SVTdubs said:
zero chatter. just got it back yesterday and the drivability is a little tougher than the DF clutch. It is on or off, no slip. It takes some time getting used to but it does hold the power. My car feels completely different now at wot. The pressure is lighter than the DF and it releases towards the top as it should so I can now shift it.

nice sounds great!

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
SVTdubs said:

On or off, no slip, ehh. I think Spec has been making this clutch for some time now.

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
Sounds like a POS to me. My CF DF chattered when I wanted to creep, but any normal driving was fine, you just couldn't creep up a ramp or anything with low RPM, you have to do slow stuff at 2500 or so.....AND THAT SUCKED.

Why can't we get a clutch the works like the factory one yet tolerates 200 more HP? WTF......
I hope this Mcleod I'm waiting for is worth it.

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
I just got my car back from Hans.

The DFX clutch is amazing. I find it easier to drive and I wouldn't go back to a stock setup. You cannot bog this clutch, you let it go and it GOES.

It will chatter a little if you try to slip it... you aren't supposed to. You let off of it or you stay on it.. in stop and go traffic you can just do an in-out with the clutch to move/roll forward or back a little. THIS CLUTCH DOES NOT SUCK. You just have to change the way you use it, and assuming that it is installed right in the first place. The only time the pedal needs to touch the floor is to start the car.

The DFX is light, quick and fast engagement - and NO BOGGING, you let off the clutch without giving it little to no gas and IT GOES FORWARD (just remember to use it as a switch).

I love my DFX clutch, this is how the car should be. Pulls like a mofo, no slip... it's crazy good stuff. I am using a fiore adjuster and steeda quick-release quadrant with this setup. I figured the quick-release would make the on-off aspects easier to control, and it sure seems like it does.

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
I am ssooo tempted to just cancel waiting for my McLeod and order this CF DFX.

I probably just miss my car BUT, my DF was way better than stock, and if this DFX really is better, then I'd be OK also, and besides, it would be cheaper to replace just in case I decide to pound the hell out of it. I am also afraid the Mcleod is gonna open up a weakness in my drive line.

Any comments on that??? I have MJ's brace, aluminum (soon to be returned to ) "neoprene" diff., bushings, rear steer kit, DSS level 2's and a Liberty 26 spline input shaft. What about break-in? The 500 miles last time liked to kill me, but I have to say that having forgotten about it real early on a couple of times showed me the clutch was awesome. I did like it a lot but it only gave me like 20 4000+ RPM launches. You know, I'm gonna double check since I have the tickets.

BRB....soon anyway.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info