• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Boost Gauge

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
JG01Lightning said:
Hey everyone, where do i hook up my lunar mechanical boost gauge too?? any ideas? pics would be great.......
[email protected]

Under the dashboard near the pedals there's a 1/8" vacuum line that runs from the firewall, through an elbow connector, and up under the dash to connect to the dash boost gauge. You need to buy an 1/8" tee fitting, replace the elbow with the tee, and hook it up to that. Once you stick your head under there you'll see it right away.

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
Jay Vicious said:
you can wire that puppy to fuse i believe 23 or 29 what ever the head light one is and ground out the other to a bolt and presto you have a active boost gauge :biggthump

Yeah, FYI, if you're hooking up the lighting, the easiest connection is probably to the light bulb in the cupholder. Don't bother trying to hook the gauge up to the dimmer function off the headlight switch, because the Lunars flicker like mad at anything less than full power anyway.

Juggernaut

TCG Elite Member
Mar 16, 2005
ILLINI-SVT said:
Yeah, FYI, if you're hooking up the lighting, the easiest connection is probably to the light bulb in the cupholder. Don't bother trying to hook the gauge up to the dimmer function off the headlight switch, because the Lunars flicker like mad at anything less than full power anyway.

i had the column pod and ran the hot wire to the fuse box :biggthump and grounded out to a bolt under there tooforget splicing on that one

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
You could get a steering column pod - that's not very visible outside the truck.

Or, if you ask Gary, he cut into the leather panel on the side of the steering column.

Another would be a mount down in the heater vent panel in the center of the dash at the floor, but that's hard for even the driver to see. (there's pics of this one somewhere on NLOC.)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info