• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Mid pipe questions.

O

Orleans04

Thinking of buying a mid pipe. Not very car savvy... but Im trying to learn as I go... Few questions~

I would like to have a louder sound at idle, and of course being able to squeeze some more HP outta the deal is always nice. I currently have the 3" MAC cats and am considering the MAC Prochamber.

Link

If i go with the Off Road, is there a real concern for being ticketed? Anyone actually had a cop look under their ride?

Will I still get a louder idle w/ the cat'ed legs?
\
Can you use the stock cats and still fit the Prochamber?

Im at work right now, and about to head to another station...anyway, Im sure Ill have a couple more questions, but Itll have to be after I get back to this station :)

Thanks for your input,

Steve

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
rcrx66 said:
Have Borla catback. Friday night I added the SLP o/r X-pipe and let me tell ya.. that shit is WAY TOO LOUD!!! I'm putting the cat's on it next week and hopefully will quiet it down. I must be getting old :eek:h:

I have the Borla Stingers w/ the MRT H-Pipe Catted. It was too loud @ first, but I adjusted. It also drownes but that is ok now. I enjoy the exhaust as much as the 460.

dun4791

gypsy is a whore!
Mar 2, 2004
What ain't no country I ever heard of
Steve-

Off Road= No tickets in Illinois for being too loud, but best thing is get the MIL adapters for the rear O2s and you will pass emissions also. (Illinois just checks the diagnostic port) for trouble codes now.

IMO the cats make the exhaust sound deeper-not quite as loud or high pitched.

Cant use the stock cats-you will need the high flow units that will fit the mid pipe.

I run cats only because I like the sound better with them in and the fibers removed from my baffles. They are deeper sounding.

Lyle

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info