• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

exhaust question....

EVLSVT

Banned
Dec 15, 2004
Hey, my friend with an 03 cobra wants my exhaust...

here are my few questions...

1) Will my bassini X pipe and Magnaflow Cat back w/ SS tips fit on his 03?

2) Would this MAC PROCHAMBER< and MAC CAT BACK , go toghther, and are
these the best quality mac pipes I can get? (they are coated in a dark
material)

MAC 99-03 Cobra 3'' System 3.5'' chrome Tips
http://www.lmperformance.com/4580/50.html
MAC 99-03 GT/Cobra 2.5'' Pro Chamber H-Pipe
http://www.lmperformance.com/4571/50.html

Also, what headers would work with the MAC PROCHAMBER? (i dont want to
use MAC or BBK headers)

Also, what effect will it have on my top end? My x-pipe creates a
better top end, will I feel a power loss? (it dosent really matter
because I am going to procharge this thing soon)

Also.. you guys heard me WOT at the BBQ on the 22nd, I think theres alot more growl I can squeeze out of it with an o/r H pipe, and the MAC catback should just make it sound better... (i guess I could try just the H pipe with the magnaflows)

wtw5974

What in the Hell?
Mar 2, 2004
MAC now makes a SS setup.
I have the 2.5 Pro Chamber and 3" cat back and the cat back on the drivers side didn't fit. I would have it installed at Iggy"s Muffler Shop if you get the MAC stuff. That way they can custom fit it to the car and make it right the first time.:biggthump

EVLSVT

Banned
Dec 15, 2004
So would this all go toghther?
I imagine this would have insane HP / TQ gains, and sound as well!

Would these exact kits all fit? (If they all work toghther, I will order these EXACT kits from these exact websites) (would it be better to get a 2.5 inch tubing cat-back so it matches the size of the h-pipe, or does the size of the midpipe - to CB not matter, because where they mount toghther it makes them fit anyway?)

The question here is HEADERS< how are the
MAC 1-5/8 inch Long Tube Headers for 03-04 Ford Cobra 4.6L $489.50
VS
Hooker Super Comp. LT Headers, 96-02 4.6L Cobra, Ceramic Coated $715.95
- Will the KOOKS headers bolt right into the MAC prochamber?

The problem i see is the KOOKS headers are 3", the MAC Cat-Back is 3" but the Prochamber, which is inbetween the two, is 2.5", is that going to restrict anything, will it cause a problem? DOes anyone know where I can find a 3" Prochamber that would work with the kooks LT's and the mac catback?
Thanks

MAC 2-1/2 inch Pro-Chamber Pipe for 99-03 Ford Must/Cobra 4.6L 2V/4V w/Long Tube Header (hts coated)
MAC Cat-Back Exhaust System for 99-03 Ford Mustang Cobra 4.6L 4V (3in tubing, 3.5in. chrome tip)

M

metricmotorsports

The Headers would be TF9902 15/8 long tube ceramic, hooked to the PC 4900 21/2 pro-chamber for the longtubes and then the cat-back is the TK3499 3in with 31/2 tips. A great system I have installed with great results and sound. The SS version of the catback runs about $120-150 additional and I have everything available. Call me for quote if and when you are ready.Thank you, J.R.
I imagine this would have insane HP / TQ gains, and sound as well!

Would these exact kits all fit? (If they all work toghther, I will order these EXACT kits from these exact websites) (would it be better to get a 2.5 inch tubing cat-back so it matches the size of the h-pipe, or does the size of the midpipe - to CB not matter, because where they mount toghther it makes them fit anyway?)

The question here is HEADERS< how are the
MAC 1-5/8 inch Long Tube Headers for 03-04 Ford Cobra 4.6L $489.50
VS
Hooker Super Comp. LT Headers, 96-02 4.6L Cobra, Ceramic Coated $715.95
- Will the KOOKS headers bolt right into the MAC prochamber?

The problem i see is the KOOKS headers are 3", the MAC Cat-Back is 3" but the Prochamber, which is inbetween the two, is 2.5", is that going to restrict anything, will it cause a problem? DOes anyone know where I can find a 3" Prochamber that would work with the kooks LT's and the mac catback?
Thanks

MAC 2-1/2 inch Pro-Chamber Pipe for 99-03 Ford Must/Cobra 4.6L 2V/4V w/Long Tube Header (hts coated)
MAC Cat-Back Exhaust System for 99-03 Ford Mustang Cobra 4.6L 4V (3in tubing, 3.5in. chrome tip)[/QUOTE]

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info