• 💡 Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

suspension parts installed....

smith876

Displaced Chicagoan
Mar 29, 2004
KC, MO
I have wanted to get this posted for a little bit now, but last week was worse than busy…

Car went from (full fist in between tire and wheel well):
before.jpg

Along with these goodies:
all_parts.jpg

springs.jpg

To this (2 fingers tight between tire and wheel well):
after.jpg

after2.jpg

A tremendous thank you goes out to Larry and the guys at Speed. Truly world class and could not have been more attentive to my needs as a customer through-out the installation…after all my baby was in for surgery.

Well now that there are a few miles on it…and the springs are settled, man I am so happy with the way it turned out! I honestly feel that I went from a driving a cushy SUV to a beautifully predictable, solid sports car. The difference in ride quality is amazing, and zipping through turns, WOW, the car absolutely shines now!

But as I said.....thank you again to the guys at Speed, amazing group and I can not recommend them highly enough.

Oh yea, all the goodies

H&R SuperSport springs
Maximum Motorsports Front Spring isolators
Maximum Motorsports Rear IRS Spring isolators
2000 cobra R rear shock
Maximum Motorsports Polyurethane Subframe bushings
14mm bolts for Subframe bushings
Maximum Motorsports Delrin LCA Bushings
Hans Racecraft Subframe connectors
Hans Racecraft Rear StrutTower Brace
BilletFlow IRS Girdle
DSS Half Shafts (level 5)
4 wheel alighment

smith876

Displaced Chicagoan
Mar 29, 2004
KC, MO
ShelbyGuy said:
rockin'. looks good.

now take it to the svtoa autobahn event in two weeks and show it off!

Thank you!

No Joke about getting out, after seeing your last video I know I've got to get out and do that...looks TOO fun! Unfortunately wife's dragging me to Kansas City weekend of the 22nd, and with MSC after that. Looks like June sometime....

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
smith876 said:
Thank you!

No Joke about getting out, after seeing your last video I know I've got to get out and do that...looks TOO fun! Unfortunately wife's dragging me to Kansas City weekend of the 22nd, and with MSC after that. Looks like June sometime....

I 2nd what John said. and his video was awesome... I got to get a camcorder mount myself. One of these days...

SVT SPEED 04

TCG Elite Member
Jun 9, 2004
smith876 said:
I have wanted to get this posted for a little bit now, but last week was worse than busy…

Car went from (full fist in between tire and wheel well):
before.jpg

Along with these goodies:
all_parts.jpg

springs.jpg

To this (2 fingers tight between tire and wheel well):
after.jpg

after2.jpg

A tremendous thank you goes out to Larry and the guys at Speed. Truly world class and could not have been more attentive to my needs as a customer through-out the installation…after all my baby was in for surgery.

Well now that there are a few miles on it…and the springs are settled, man I am so happy with the way it turned out! I honestly feel that I went from a driving a cushy SUV to a beautifully predictable, solid sports car. The difference in ride quality is amazing, and zipping through turns, WOW, the car absolutely shines now!

But as I said.....thank you again to the guys at Speed, amazing group and I can not recommend them highly enough.

Oh yea, all the goodies

H&R SuperSport springs
Maximum Motorsports Front Spring isolators
Maximum Motorsports Rear IRS Spring isolators
2000 cobra R rear shock
Maximum Motorsports Polyurethane Subframe bushings
14mm bolts for Subframe bushings
Maximum Motorsports Delrin LCA Bushings
Hans Racecraft Subframe connectors
Hans Racecraft Rear StrutTower Brace
BilletFlow IRS Girdle
DSS Half Shafts (level 5)
4 wheel alighment

Josh

thanks for the props. We feel the car came out great and we are pleased to hear you are happy as well.

thanks again

Larry

smith876

Displaced Chicagoan
Mar 29, 2004
KC, MO
Wiked03 said:
Looks bas ass! Your IRS is pretty beefy now.... still have wheel hop?

Another good job by Speed Inc! :headbang:

Thanks Wiked!

So far no wheelhop to speak of. As much as it hurts to say it...I wish there were another 10 degree day around the corner so I could really test it in the cold conditions....where it was most prevalent previously. But have basically side-stepped the clutch and the nitto's just spun for a sec then grabbed...feels so great out of the hole now.

And yes, an absolutely great job by Speed Inc.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info