• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

swaybar links

Juggernaut

TCG Elite Member
Mar 16, 2005
ok guys, did my 4" drop in the rear and it leveled the truck out perfect, im gonna leave the front stock, but i called JLP and they said i dont need swaybar links, i bought them previously from RPMoutlet as a saftly precaution, so i was wondering if someone has pics so i can see how it should look and what are the pro's and con's from this part??

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
The arms of the sway bar should be about parallel with the frame. If they are more than a couple of inches out of parallel, then the bar loses its effectiveness.

I did a 2" drop on my rear, and my bar was about 2" or so away from parallel at the end. After I installed the adjustible endlinks, I noticed a handling difference.

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
The sway bar doesn't have too much actual effect on launching, at least on stock trucks.

Mine's always bogged on the lauches anyway, I need to get my pulley installed before I start seeing the 1.8's and below. And when I get that, I'll need traction bars to firm up the rear end on the launches.

The endlinks can supposedly be preloaded to prevent excessive alxe twist on launches, but I've never used them because that's not what's slowing me down right now. And once I add power, the t-bars I'm planning on getting (as opposed to slapper-style bars) will be much more effective anyway. So for me, the only use of the endlinks is for the autocross course.

If you really don't want to have to spend the cash to keep and install them (what do they run, about $80?), you can always just drill a new hole in the frame to relocate the mounting point for the stock endlinks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Juggernaut
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list