• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Hard to shift into 2nd 3rd at WOT???

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
I went to Byron today and I have been having problems with getting the shifter into 2,3, & 4th gear at Wide Open Throttle, not my driving but almost need both hands to get it into gear. Stock shifter, clutch, and linkage....

I already had the TOB, clutch, plate and pressure plate done once under warranty and Fair Oaks can not find the problem as of last week when it was there for 4-5 days.

Any Ideas or should I just get mt Steeda tri Axe, quad, and adjuster installed and hope it fixes it????

By the way 12 runs at Byron and they are all over the place since I couldn't get the bitch into gear and had to try 2-3 times for each gear on some runs.
Best times - 12.67 @110
Worst - 14.39 @ 109

Any input woudl be great, thanks

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
I was having the SAME EXACT PROBLEM as you, Jeff-I couldn't even back out of a parking space b/c the car wouldn't go into gear. I had for put a new clutch and a new T-56 and it STILL wouldn't shift right. Then Wayne (the guy that works on my car at the dealership) ordered me to do the clutch quadrant/firewall adjuster and ditch that piece of shit ford clutch. After that the car shifted like butter. A month ago I also swapped my fluid with GM Synchromesh with a dab of Ford Friction modifier, and the bitch practically shifts itself. My dad said it even shifts better than his Z06.

JymBart

Regular
Mar 16, 2004
Fiore fire wall adjuster & quadrant + LDC Cliutch Mod Kit

I just had the Fiore fire wall adjuster and clutch quadrant along with the LDC unit installed on my Cobra.

I certainly agree with all the good that`s been said about it. When you see the stock quadrant along side the Fiore unit you`ll understand, and to be able to fine tune with the micro click firewall adjuster where the clutch pedal will engage makes the whole thing worth it. Just don`t forget the Clutch Mod Kit from LDC.

Over all a quality product that will make you wonder why Ford didn`t do this in the first place.

Here`s a link.

http://www.modulardepot.com/product_info.php?products_id=206

JymBart

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
Take your mat out and drive it. See if that little room helps to shift. Push your clutch pedal all the way down then let it relax, put your foot underneath the pedal and pull it towards you, you should feel it move slightly. Try it again, if not, then get the aftermarket adjusters

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004

JymBart

Regular
Mar 16, 2004
10th03cobra said:
Wow thats pretty nice looking, is it worth ditching the Steeda setup and getting this one instead since I have not installed the Steeda one it yet?

Can`t say anything about the Steeda except, a friend who has the steeda unit remarked how nice it was that the Fiore unit had micro click adjustments and the Steeda did not.

I also feel that the LDC clutch mod kit made a big difference in pedal feel.

JymBart

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
10th03cobra said:
Cliff sent you a PM on SVTP about the clutch mod and cooling mod. Need them both whenever I see you next and you got them.

Thanks

Sure, just remind me when we get the kits in. I probably will remember but I have around 30 guys who want cooling mod kits and have e-mailed or PMed me. It's hard to keep track of everyone. Hopefully the fittings come this week. Orders are piling up and Cliff is not happy. :crying:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info